cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed - Very disappointed with my Rift S

manic23
Explorer
Fixed now, see last post...

I spent a lot of money of a monster gaming PC (Corsair One i160) with Intel i9-9900k and nVidia RTX 2080ti together with a Rift S. Last night I spent time setting it all up and was so excited to try the Rift S, however I have to say I am very very disappointed with the performance of the device. I am getting very bad head tracking, when I turn my head left/right I get a judder, it is not smooth like it is with the PSVR and the first Rift.

I have been googling today and have managed to find some information such as disabling power down options in control panel for the USB 3 ports and making sure drivers are up to date etc, and also removing the RGB lighting software that Corsair install. I have not had a chance to try this yet, I will try tonight, but to be honest I very much doubt any of these things will work and really we as consumers should not have to do all this anyway.

I am one unhappy customer.
16 REPLIES 16

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Have you got the USB needs updating issue yet? 

manic23
Explorer
Actually, no I have not had that yet. But I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Are you enrolled on that public beta? 

Rosgillies
Adventurer

Have you got the USB needs updating issue yet? 

Oculus sent me a new cable (Rift S). Still got flashes, still got USB warning. Some say it`s power So I`m using a 5 port internal  inatek usb 3.0 card with ONLY the Rift S usb installed on it. Guess what, same difference as when I put it on any other usb port.

manic23
Explorer

No, should I be?

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege

manic23 said:

No, should I be?

It has so far fixed my USB warning bug

manic23
Explorer

manic23 said:

No, should I be?

It has so far fixed my USB warning bug

Interesting, OK thanks I'll look into enrolling on that.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
In Oculus home go to settings and beta then opt in.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

manic23
Explorer

Techy111 said:

In Oculus home go to settings and beta then opt in.

Nice one, thanks mate