cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan noise

Anonymous
Not applicable
How many can hear the fan in their quest? Have read some can and some cannot.

I noticed last night if I hold mine up to my ear can hear the fan. If I put my quest on eith no sound can just hear it. With sound cannot.

I know there will be some fan noise, so how noisy is yours? As I have read it does very.
18 REPLIES 18

MrCr0a
Protege
I can hear it if I stick my head directly on the front's quest but it's very discreet. In game I just can't hear anything.

enigma01
Trustee
Yeah it’s quite normal to hear it if you stick your ear up to it. I can too. 

Cer3al
Honored Guest
I've been struggling to know if the noise I hear from the Quest is normal.
In a quiet room(late night) I can hear the fan working, and I don't have to put it near my ear.
If I have the headset on and almost no sound.. I notice the fan. 
It seems is more of a resonance issue. If i apply a bit of pressure with my finger on the front plastic.. it reduces the noise.
Because of reading that there's some people that never hear it... I replaced the headset.
The new one arrived, the sound is a bit lower but still.. I can hear it.
Or I had bad luck and got 2 Quest in a row that have a problem... or my hearing levels are much higher than normal.. <_<

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think you will be fine. Playing a game with the sound on, even low and you dont hear the fan.

I know I had only recently noticed it and think recently was playing with no tv or any other sounds around.

You would know if your fan was no good. A good even sound is a good fan.

Cer3al
Honored Guest
There can be times that the game has like a silent part and i can notice the fan.(late night without ambient sound)
I know it's fine and i can live with it.
I just want to make sure what's suppose to be the normal behaviour, and i want to have a Quest like it was meant to be.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did the Deluxe Audio Strap mod...I don't hear any fans. 😛

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
In silent ambient I also can hear the fan when it lies on the table in front of me. I checked it on another device and it was the same. So I think it is normal. Some people say, they can hear nothing. So I also was a bit anxious fearing the fan is broken, but after hearing the other one everything was good for me :smile:
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

bigstatik
Protege
I didn’t even know it had a fan. I guess mine is quiet. 

enigma01
Trustee
There is a full internal tear down of the headset here:

https://medium.com/badvr/oculus-quest-headset-disassembly-2f404b004a3c

Quite interesting if you’re a geek like me! You can see the fan, and is quite large located very close to the front panel of the headset. Not surprising to be able to hear it in a quiet room really...