cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed - Very disappointed with my Rift S

manic23
Explorer
Fixed now, see last post...

I spent a lot of money of a monster gaming PC (Corsair One i160) with Intel i9-9900k and nVidia RTX 2080ti together with a Rift S. Last night I spent time setting it all up and was so excited to try the Rift S, however I have to say I am very very disappointed with the performance of the device. I am getting very bad head tracking, when I turn my head left/right I get a judder, it is not smooth like it is with the PSVR and the first Rift.

I have been googling today and have managed to find some information such as disabling power down options in control panel for the USB 3 ports and making sure drivers are up to date etc, and also removing the RGB lighting software that Corsair install. I have not had a chance to try this yet, I will try tonight, but to be honest I very much doubt any of these things will work and really we as consumers should not have to do all this anyway.

I am one unhappy customer.
16 REPLIES 16

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege

manic23 said:

Techy111 said:

In Oculus home go to settings and beta then opt in.

Nice one, thanks mate

Take it back I popped out to the shops turned pc on and now it’s saying there is a update for my USB drivers when there isn’t! I even went to Intel web site that scans your computer for any updates and guess what there was only one and that was a wireless driver

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I'm not sure why some people have issues and others don't but just to let you know mate my Rift S works perfectly.

I think tracking issues like the ones you describe are normally down to GPU drivers so I would recommend you update or revert back to old drivers.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

manic23
Explorer
Thanks for your help guys. Thanks SkScotchegg for the help re drivers, that is on my list of thing to try tonight. Sorry to hear that your having the USB driver issue MrBluePlaydoh really hope you get that resolved. Is it actually stopping you from using the Rift? or is it just that it's annoying notification?

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Just an annoying notification and it messes with my OCD lol

manic23
Explorer
Just got home, and did all the driver updates and uninstalls etc, did not work still bad tracking, however...

Turns out I had it in the wrong USB port, I changed it to the front facing port and as if by magic I have perfect tracking! Very happy with it now.

Thanks again for all your comments guys.

Anonymous
Not applicable

manic23 said:

Just got home, and did all the driver updates and uninstalls etc, did not work still bad tracking, however...

Turns out I had it in the wrong USB port, I changed it to the front facing port and as if by magic I have perfect tracking! Very happy with it now.

Thanks again for all your comments guys.

Hey bro I have a gaming Labtop with GTX 1070 but some of the apps on my Rift S like Oculus video play videos blurry(low quality to be precise). So I wanted to know if that’s also the case with you since you got a way better PC. Thanks 

manic23
Explorer
You should be fine with a 1070 mate, vids don't look that great on my setup either, just the way it goes, I guess the screen res is not high enough for high quality vids yet.