The Official TV Thread - Page 8 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Official TV Thread

1234568»

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,995 Valuable Player
    I haven't seen the second series yet. I'm behind on A LOT of stuff lately. The third series of Jessica Jones has also released on Netflix and I haven't watched the second series yet. :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,418 Valuable Player
    I completed the final season of Jessica Jones. It was quite good. Although the first season is probably still the best.

I can't wait for Stranger Things Season 3!! OMFG
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,380 Volunteer Moderator
    Zenbane said:
    I completed the final season of Jessica Jones. It was quite good. Although the first season is probably still the best.

Yup one of my favs. Also just finished Znation which was shockingly bad it made it good lol
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111 said:
    Zenbane said:

Yup one of my favs. Also just finished Znation which was shockingly bad it made it good lol

Have you watched Black Summer? Same zombie world as ZNation, but significantly better. I loved it.
    Yes that was a fan made one, loved that, low budget but bloody awesome.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,116 Valuable Player
    I'm still watching Dark (German TV show), it's truly awesome. Just one major problem - no one in their right mind would leave such a gigantic and potentially dangerous cave open so that everyone (including kids) can enter, right? Maybe much more believable if someone had found a secret entrance to the cave - I'll write to the producers and help them ASAP o:)
    But yeah, the time travelling parts are totally believable, I'm only worried about the open cave :blush: 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Netflix or Prime ? I watched a Dutch one recently about something nasty in the rain, that was quite good and worth a watch.

Ahhh found it on Netflix, watching now ;)

There's a new king  :o  

It's awesome - normally I'm not much into the Russian stuff (but I do like Red Matter), but this show kept me up to 1 AM last night, still need to see the last 2 episodes:

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

I finished Stranger Things 3 yesterday. I had decided to re-watch the entire series from the beginning. Loved it!

I even watched a few episodes inside my Oculus GO while in bed. This is definitely one of my most favorite series of all time.
  • shanewillshanewill Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 26
    I waited for Game of Thrones for so long but the finale was not as expected. I recently watched Chernobyl here and it was damn awesome. A must watch series you need to watch.
    I'm probably the only one that like the end of Game Of Thrones! :D

I've started and almost finished rewatching the first series of How To Get Away With Murder, a great programme. I love crime series and courtroom dramas and this one is great with a few twists and turns throughout the first series. Haven't watched the other series yet but I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Watching the Rookie at the mo with the missus, only like it coz the main man is out of Firefly.....why oh why did they cancel Firefly damn them !!!

• beyyy18beyyy18 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited July 18
    Currently, I mostly watch Netflix documentation, mostly serial killings and killers

Mini Militia App Lock 7Zip
    beyyy18 said:
    Currently, I mostly watch Netflix documentation, mostly serial killings and killers

I love these sort of programmes too.

I'm personally searching for hints and tips so that I don't make the same mistakes and get arrested. B)

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,082 Valuable Player
    Can throughly recommend ‘the boys’ on prime, dark super hero series. If you like the watchmen film, superb.
    I just started watching Mindhunter - it reminds me a lot of Silence of the Lambs, where the FBI uses imprisoned serial killers to understand and catch active serial killers:

It's 8.6 on IMDB:

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,028 Valuable Player
    Currently rewatching Last Man Standing. Love that show. Tim Allens character is a wise man. Love his comedy style as well. 
    I love Mindhunter! Haven't watched the second series yet though.

The Dark Crystal series has also appeared on Netflix too, I loved that film back in the day! One of my favourites!

I much prefer Netflix to Amazon Prime.

Agreed that Netflix has a better selection than Amazon Prime. However, if you haven't watched The Boys on Prime then you are missing out on a glorious treat!

edited September 1
    snowdog said:
    I love Mindhunter! Haven't watched the second series yet though.

The Dark Crystal series has also appeared on Netflix too, I loved that film back in the day! One of my favourites!

I much prefer Netflix to Amazon Prime.
    Dark Crystal is next on my list, well after Westworld s2, lol. Trailer looks awesome:

Right now it's 8.7 (IMDB) with more than 2K ratings. I liked this review, I'm going to watch it together with the kids:

"An epic fantasy adventure that will please old and new fans alike.

30 August 2019 | by robfollower – See all my reviews

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is more family-friendly and has a general sheen of class that might make it more appealing to a wider audience. It's absolutely gorgeous, with delightfully physical puppets giving a weight and realism to the colorful fantasy imagery. Some viewers might be put off by the fact it's acted out by puppets, but they'd be missing out. Age of Resistance is a compelling and powerful story packed with relatable characters."

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,460 Volunteer Moderator
    The Dark Crystal is great so far (2 episodes in).
    Although... so far it seems they changed the story. Maybe later episodes will resolve the conflicting stories.

It looks amazing though. The gelfling puppets are a little rubbery, but they are real puppets, which is awesome.

kojack said:
    The Dark Crystal is great so far (2 episodes in).
    Although... so far it seems they changed the story. Maybe later episodes will resolve the conflicting stories.

It looks amazing though. The gelfling puppets are a little rubbery, but they are real puppets, which is awesome.

I think the new episodes take place before the movie?

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,460 Volunteer Moderator
    Yep, it's a prequel. But:
    The movie said the Skeksis were created when the urSkeks broke the crystal and were split into urRu and Skeksis. The series says Skeksis came from another planet and found the crystal.

Maybe it's all going to be explained (don't want to know, I'll watch it soon), it just stood out to me. Or since the law above is in-world, maybe it's a lie.

Although, I don't like prequels. We kind of already know too much of how things will turn out.

Finally finished Mindhunter season 2, awesome show. Especially Cameron Britton impressed me, delivering a (close to) Oscar worthy performance - this dude:

Maybe hard to recognize - he played Edmund Kemper:

Here's the real Kemper to the left:

And size of the real Kemper - Cameron Britton did an impressive job playing Kemper:

Really hope there'll be a season 3, but rumors indicate that won't happen before 2021... 

I'm going to have to get around to watching the second series, am watching Scorpion on Netflix at night at the moment but have almost finished watching series 2 so will give that a watch when I've finished it.

I've just started watching Impulse on YouTube, just started watching episode 4 and it's pretty good. I might have to check out the other YouTube Original programmes if this one is anything to go by.

It's about a girl who suddenly starts reporting. If that was me I'd be teleporting straight into @vannagirl's dirty laundry basket  B) :D