Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest Build 256550.6170.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • Various performance improvements
  • Updated Guardian sensitivity to be more in line with Rift
If you encounter any issues with this software release, please reach out to customer support. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
135 REPLIES 135

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ironclaw said:

oculussix said:

Ironclaw said:

oculussix said:

Yza said:

Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 

I did not notice the first time in the windows of the main room.
Now, that must be the update, I would have noticed before.
In high contrast when moving the head fast you can see the effect.

Firmware: 256550.6810.0

The problem I have has nothing to do with contrast or certain scenes (maybe you mean godrays?), and my problem is only visible when moving the hands/controllers, not the headset. The environments in VR are always perfect, it's just the hands and whatever they are holding that is glitchy.

No godrays. In the main room, you look at the left windows and move the head fast - left and right -, you will be see a stela the window frame. With background with clear light happens to me if infront of there is a dark colored figure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yza said:

Did anyone noticed very apparent screen ghosting after the new update? I thought the display was perfectly sharp till now - It seems like I can see now last frame with ~25% opacity? Bad Asynchronous Wrap? Could anyone confirm or disprove? 

Look for information about the problem. It is usually visible when there are dark objects moving in front of a light background. In OLED this happens with pure blacks.
I've recently noticed black smear across all apps, I'm sure that before the update was not happening. Black smear now?
As follows: https://us.v-cdn.net/6024342/uploads/editor/dg/rzs754mbhjeh.gif

Someone else?

Wolfox
Protege
I don't know if it's the correct session, but would be nice to have as soon as possible in a future Update:
-More reliable shutdown, NO boot up after disconnecting the charger.
-Possibility to have a better battery management while using other chargers (
Percentage jumping 80%-100%-80% while connected to a USB bus)
-Possibility to turn OFF vibrations on the controllers
Thanks

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
The 6810 update has resulted in so many tracking problems for me.  I really hope Oculus pushes a new update soon.

I had to stop playing Shadow Point this evening, as it kept completely losing headset tracking which bumped me out to Oculus Home environment several times.  It finally got to a point where the game completely lost track of where I was and thought was out of bounds no matter where I stood in my play space.

This isn't the first time this has happened since the update, but I never had these types of tracking problems before the 6810 update. 

Berzerk67
Honored Guest
It always loses my left controller. At least twice in half an hour. Not fun and embarrassing. I wait for one more firmwareupdate, then I'm gonna return my quest.

Serpula
Protege
I had no tracking problems before the 6810 update and now I’m losing controllers and even more annoying, it keeps freezing my game (which is nauseating) and booting me back to the guardian setup before suddenly starting the game again.

I’m checking back here every day the moment. Please could someone at least tell us it’s being worked on?! Support is useless, their only advice is a factory reset, which does nothing (and loses all game progress).

SirMarshall
Protege
Same for me... tracking issues with 6810.

looneyhouston
Honored Guest
Me too. Was advised to send mine in and wait for another in the mail by support

Yza
Explorer
Never had so many tracking issues like in the recent update (freezing controller & whole tracking/guardian). I think the IR exposure is wrongly set (I often see overexposured passthrough video even while being indoor with shaded windows) - should be dynamically changed to sustain changes in lighting/weather. Also the guardian grid show way too late - I already hit a wall with my fists because I couldn't see any guardian net at all! Can't wait for the next update - hope it solves some of the issues.

Tovertanneke
Explorer
The standing guardian is way too small. I am not a tall person, only 1.6 mtr but when I extend my arms they are outside the guardian. Very anoing while playing. Please make it bigger.