cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently ordered a Rift then Rift S comes out, What to do

Pinefang
Explorer
Any relief for those that bought their RIFT within the last 6 months then the S comes out. Are we out for the Rift? If so is it possible to just purchase the headset and not the full package which I have already purchased?

6 REPLIES 6

sraura
Heroic Explorer
You can sell your rift cv1 in ebay (or similar). Rift S touch controllers are different than the ones what come with Rift cv1, so you will need everything. I suggest that you don't sell your CV1 before you have tested Rift S and are certain that it meets your demands.
Image quality in Rift S is better and setup is easier (as no external sensors), but it has some downsides too. Personal preference really.

Digikid1
Consultant
Wait. The Rift S is going through a LOT of issues right now. The Rift is still an excellent headset and will serve you well. 

There really is no need for the Rift S yet. Think of Rift S as Rift 1.5. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee

Pinefang said:

Any relief for those that bought their RIFT within the last 6 months then the S comes out. Are we out for the Rift? If so is it possible to just purchase the headset and not the full package which I have already purchased?

No, the controllers and cameras won't work with the Rift S. The Rift-S uses different controllers and no cameras. 

When did you buy the Rift? It was recently out of stock. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I 've owned a rift for about  1 1/2 years & if it is anything like rift s I would not buy it. It is great when it is working but I spend far to much time trouble shooting . I would much rather be shooting in Arizona sunshine.

Pinefang
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I think based on your comments that I will wait awhile before I jump in head first.

Digikid1
Consultant

Pinefang said:

Thanks everyone for your inputs. I think based on your comments that I will wait awhile before I jump in head first.

Excellent choice

as the saying goes “good things come to those who wait “

Never buy tech when it first comes out.