White Static Flashes in Rift S - Page 10 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

White Static Flashes in Rift S

Comments

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,494
    Project 2501
    edited July 11
    mhajii210 said:
    Guys if you haven't already please vote here https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/77908/if-you-dont-experience-static-flashes-please-tell-us-what-is-your-setup/p1
    It really seems like the majority of Rift S owners have this issue, but of course the poll isn't scientific. 
    92% is almost everyone. It's 92 people in a room of 100. 

They must have known about the problem before launch. 

I still get the occasional flash every few hours. My color static is gone after I untwisted my cord. Maybe it's not properly shielded. 

I would also recommend unplugging as many diplayport and usb connections as possible. 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,158 Volunteer Moderator

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,494
    Project 2501
    edited July 11
    It must be the cable. I removed it and the flashes stopped  :p
    Don't worry, your firmware fix is coming any day now. :wink:

• mhajii210mhajii210 Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    Firmware update coming SOON. 

• Comrade_IvanComrade_Ivan Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Well the jury is still out on whether or not I will get a refund. We will see what she replies with. I will keep you posted.
    @philippe.heroux.58 - any updates on your situation?
  • philippe.heroux.58philippe.heroux.58 Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    Well the jury is still out on whether or not I will get a refund. We will see what she replies with. I will keep you posted.
    The support rep was able to make an exception for me she said. I will be able to get a refund afterall. I'm in the process of packaging everything and sending it back. Careful not to go over 30 days if you plan to get a refund. This is not their standard process.
  • mhajii210mhajii210 Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    The support rep was able to make an exception for me she said. I will be able to get a refund afterall. I'm in the process of packaging everything and sending it back. Careful not to go over 30 days if you plan to get a refund. This is not their standard process.
    That is great news! I'm happy they're not giving you a hard time. I will let you know if and when my static flashes are resolved. So sorry you had to go through all that troubleshooting. 
  • MnemonicMnemonic Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    Anyone tried update that just came out few hours ago?
    It's a software update, no new firmware included, but nevertheless.
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 123
    Art3mis
    Mnemonic said:
    Yep, no difference on my rift s. Flashes, usb warning still there.
  • SesharimSesharim Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    usb warnings are gone but flashe still there
  • Comrade_IvanComrade_Ivan Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Mnemonic said:
     Well, that was a first for me - I'm on a public test channel and I got no flashes yesterday after the update.
    That said I only played for an hour; we'll see if that was just a fluke tonight.
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 76
    Hiro Protagonist

Please post any changes also if that's the case I was wrong about cable length.
    I really hope this is solved
    Thanks and Good Luck

• Yoda_1975Yoda_1975 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    This is very nice... 

And no update today

NerveGear
    White flashes still there

• glenmac2001glenmac2001 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT may get them talking
  • geoff.killickgeoff.killick Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    Bought a brand new Rift S yesterday, had about 20 static white flashes so far, Other than that It's great........
  • darkeclypsedarkeclypse Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah I noticed it.right away when I first tried it out a few weeks ago.. have not touched it.till last night after adding a 10' displayport cable to get it in the next room.. flashed happen at random.  I'm figuring they will fix it.. but would be nice atleast if they announced the issue so we know there working on it.
    NerveGear
    It amazes me they actually put it on sale, they MUST have known this Issue was happening. 
  • skunky666skunky666 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm another one here with the same problem, it seems like they just don't want to admit to something. It's the biggest problem with it, if it was tracking or something, problems with the cameras I could understand but this seems to be a screen or the cable problem. Everyone seems to be affected by it. I have'nt bothered reporting mine because I can't be arsed to hear the same old rubbish, unplug this, do a headstand, turn pc on/off, run round house naked etc...
    They must have known this, it all starting to look very odd. Even Sony would of said something by now...
  • ShocksOculusShocksOculus Posts: 374
    Trinity
    ...... I'm figuring they will fix it.. but would be nice atleast if they announced the issue so we know there working on it.
    They have and they said they're still investigating the issue.
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    NerveGear

NerveGear
    £400 to be Immersed Into VR only to have the headset throw a snowball at me every 15 mins while I'm racing at Silverstone in an F1 car......  Other than that It works perfectly well........
  • hashcheckhashcheck Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Still getting flashes with new unit connected via alogic typec/dp adaptor. only saw two smaller flashes in 2hrs however
    NerveGear
    lets make this post important and relevant. has 12k visit and a lot of coments. If some writes another saying that in VIPs today the deserts are free this becomes upper. No way. This need a solution. I wait for It since first day i bought oculus Rift S. And now 45 days and support dont give US a solution

They sell a bugged toy? They know this has problems but for marketing reasons this bugged toy must be the firts un the market. 
  • clemencaclemenca Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Yoda_1975 said:
    lets make this post important and relevant. has 12k visit and a lot of coments. If some writes another saying that in VIPs today the deserts are free this becomes upper. No way. This need a solution. I wait for It since first day i bought oculus Rift S. And now 45 days and support dont give US a solution

They sell a bugged toy? They know this has problems but for marketing reasons this bugged toy must be the firts un the market. 
    I'm absolutely right, I also have the Rift S since week two of the release, since then, a lot of buyers are waiting for the solution to this problem. It is slowly but surely time! Oculus can not tell us they did not know about this problem. All Rift S owners I know have the same problem!
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 76
    Hiro Protagonist
    ...... I'm figuring they will fix it.. but would be nice atleast if they announced the issue so we know there working on it.
    They have and they said they're still investigating the issue.
    Well if they are investing the problem why is Customer Service telling user's a firmware update is on it's way which will solve the problem.