cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Wow - Five headsets sent back by two people in this thread. I wonder how many more people have had replacements. What do Oculus do with all these headsets when the receive them back?

MowTin
Expert Trustee

mhajii210 said:

Guys if you haven't already please vote here https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/77908/if-you-dont-experience-static-flashes-please-tell-us-what-is-your-setup/p1
It really seems like the majority of Rift S owners have this issue, but of course the poll isn't scientific. 

92% is almost everyone. It's 92 people in a room of 100. 

They must have known about the problem before launch. 

I still get the occasional flash every few hours. My color static is gone after I untwisted my cord. Maybe it's not properly shielded. 

I would also recommend unplugging as many diplayport and usb connections as possible. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Borscht4eVR
Heroic Explorer

MowTin said:
I suspect the same. The Rift-S cable. 

It must be the cable. I removed it and the flashes stopped  😛

Techy111
MVP
MVP
p1xo8jkuorve.gif
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

It must be the cable. I removed it and the flashes stopped  😛

Don't worry, your firmware fix is coming any day now. :wink:

i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

mhajii210
Expert Protege
Firmware update coming SOON. 

mhajii210
Expert Protege
Guys I wrapped the cable around my neck really tight and now I'm getting more static flashes  😛

Borscht4eVR
Heroic Explorer

Well the jury is still out on whether or not I will get a refund. We will see what she replies with. I will keep you posted.

@"philippe.heroux.58" - any updates on your situation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the jury is still out on whether or not I will get a refund. We will see what she replies with. I will keep you posted.

@"philippe.heroux.58" - any updates on your situation?

The support rep was able to make an exception for me she said. I will be able to get a refund afterall. I'm in the process of packaging everything and sending it back. Careful not to go over 30 days if you plan to get a refund. This is not their standard process.