What (New) Headset Do You Own? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What (New) Headset Do You Own?

Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,790 Valuable Player
edited July 11 in General
Just trying to find out how many have took the plunge to buy one of the newer HMDs.  Comment if you have sent it back or sold it on for some reason.

What (New) Headset Do You Own? 33 votes

Vive Pro
0%
Oculus Rift S
84%
kojackmaxx11111Hiro_Protag0nistImeleonFangzhouDaftnDirectsnowdogbni1977SpiceLife72SkScotcheggCrashFuLameDuckWarriorrVRclosetRosgilliesDTHdburneShocksOculuslensmandavesrauraV12-StevenX 28 votes
Valve Index
6%
AppaloosaHorseMowTin 2 votes
Pimax 5, 8
6%
zockydwbradley 2 votes
HP Reverb
3%
logotomie 1 vote

Comments

• Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,790 Valuable Player
    Oculus Rift S
    I suppose i should have put "none of the above" as a choice.

That's my choice, for now.
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 245
    Nexus 6
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus Rift S. After the last few months of reviews and comments about all the new Headsets, I honestly think I made the best choice :)
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • DTHDTH Posts: 235
    Nexus 6
    Oculus Rift S
    I have never had a problem with my S, Rift, or with the main software. I first got my set up over a year ago.  I have the GO that got me hooked on VR and now I do not use it.  (no problems with it also) I can do more with the Rift.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,530 Volunteer Moderator
    What about Quest? That’s my new headset this year, and I’ve been very happy with it. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • DTHDTH Posts: 235
    Nexus 6
    Oculus Rift S
    I thought about the Quest when it first came out.  I thought that my games would not work and the games I did use (mostly flying sims) would not work.  So I went with the S.  I did upgrade now only because I hated the sensors. Not sure if they ever come out with a wireless upgrade if I will buy it or not.
    Oculus Rift S
    nalex66 said:
    What about Quest? That’s my new headset this year, and I’ve been very happy with it. 

Ah, i just put PC headsets on there.  Sorry.

I sold my Quest once i'd tested it.  Yes i want wireless but i just couldn't get past the textures.

One day.  One day...
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,158 Volunteer Moderator
    I've had 2 Rift S's and a Reverb all returned with issues. Hopefully the Reverb will be sorted soon as it will be an instant rebuy when the issues are fixed ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,260 Valuable Player
    edited July 11
    I'll purchase the HP Reverb when I can get hold of it. Best upgrade from the CV1 if you want the Wow factor. I'll finally get my higher resolution fix - Yippee.
    Oculus Rift S
    I shall add my own to it next week.  Can't flipping wait!
  • flibberflopsflibberflops Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    Errrm, this is an Oculus forum, on an Oculus website, run by Oculus for Oculus owners.
     I have a  really strong suspicion that the result may be skewed towards Oculus somewhat!
    Oculus Rift S
    Techy111 said:
    You'd be surprised mate, we have a lot of swingers ;)

Hold on just a second.  How would you know such a thing...?

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Oculus Rift S
    Arrived yesterday.  Blown away by it to be honest.  As easy as the Quest to set up, feels good on the bonce - plenty of cushion there.  The image - i love it!  I think it's quite a step up from the CV1 to be honest.  I'm looking forward to a good summer of VR!

Oculus, you're in my good books again!   :)
    Oculus Rift S
    Further to the above, i took a look at Bigscreen last night and i would say that with the Rift S, watching films and TV is definitely on the books now.
    Do you mean on the screen ? Coz on the books would imply you are reading the book of the film and not the film of the book mate.

Oculus Rift S
    Techy111 said:
    Do you mean on the screen ? Coz on the books would imply you are reading the book of the film and not the film of the book mate.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,494
    Project 2501
    Valve Index
    Should be multiple choice. Rift S and Index shipping. 

If the Rift S hand IPD adjustment I wouldn't bother getting an Index.