cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S - USB (Update Drivers) fun...

RattyUK
Trustee
Everything working fine after installation and several hours playing various games last night.
Switch on PC this morning and Rift S is fine, a couple of hours later it is bleating about USB drivers - the very same that were fine earlier...

sf88xyabqyjg.jpg

What is it with Oculus and USB?  The rift was very fussy but improved over time, but at least was fairly predicatable.  now their newest generation appears to be equally unpredicatable.
Only bleating as the S wouldn't startup (black screen but sound) until a reboot then comes up with this lettle gem - frustrating, Oculus, frustrating!

ETA: Forgot to mention - there are no newer USB drivers - everything is completely up-to-date 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3
38 REPLIES 38

quantum7
Protege
I also just got the "update USB" message after the last Windows 10 update.  ALL my USB drivers are up to date.  D'oh!!!! 

RattyUK
Trustee
My PC 'updated' to 1803 yesterday (was 1709) and the USB error has gone...  Also Rift S now works all of the time, no restart software needed if it is left all day!

Still static flashes...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

hashcheck
Protege
i use a Asus Laptop with typeC/DP with a ALOGIC typec to male DP adaptor and get this issue. doesn't seem to effect performance however 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RattyUK said:

My PC 'updated' to 1803 yesterday (was 1709) and the USB error has gone...  Also Rift S now works all of the time, no restart software needed if it is left all day!

Still static flashes...

Yea i think static is in laptop or Desktop you have

jairhome
Honored Guest
Yep, same problem for me too, although everything is working.  WIN10 1903 ?????

Error-401
Explorer
Getting it too, updated to 1903 yesterday, also have an annoying amber led showing in the headset while I am playing. It ruins the immersion.

PC: Intel Core i9-9900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 16GB | MSI RTX 2080 Ventus | Samsung 970 Pro NVMe | SilverStone SX700-LPT | GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi | SilverStone RVZ03B-ARGB

Error-401
Explorer
Fixed mine by opting into the public beta (occ app, settings, beta, enable public test channel) which downloads all the software and updates the firmware. Also, I now have a wrist band on both hands in the home enviroment which you can interact with, well cool. I wonder if you opt back out (which others have done) and it then refreshes the software/firmware, I wonder if that's all that is needed to sort the issue. Maybe an artifact in a driver/cache/code is kicking around, therefore, the reflash sorts it.....

9zwaj9m6ccup.png

PC: Intel Core i9-9900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 16GB | MSI RTX 2080 Ventus | Samsung 970 Pro NVMe | SilverStone SX700-LPT | GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi | SilverStone RVZ03B-ARGB

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
I think the software instability is all over the map. I had the usb update recommendation since the 11th when I checked for windows update (1903) and two came down. One was a security update for Net Frame 4.5 and 3.5 and the other was an update for Microsoft AR and as they said "newer HMD headsets" and forgot about it. Then I updated Gforce driver to the latest and there it was...ORANGE! Took me a couple days (because I'm old) to recall what that hmd update said and uninstalled just that update. All Green and every body's happy....for now 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
My devices finally changed to all green after several days of showing usb warning.
Not sure if another update pushed out to PTC or what, but they are finally green again.

Error-401
Explorer
Mine went again, so I disabled both Rift S USB hubs in device manager, was then prompted to restart my computer.
After the restart, opened the occ app, no device, re-enabled the USB devices, occ reported back saying it needed to restart its own software and now they are green again. Will do the same again if it goes orange