cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Oculus Touch & battery drain...

Bix_Byte
Honored Guest
My left Oculus Touch drain battery faster than the right Oculus Touch. Why?
The left controller has 1-2 days duration while the right controller (main hand) after one week is still OK.
I think this is an hardware issue...
Solution?
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
My right touch controller new battery on my Rift S died after 3 days moderate use, or shows red with critical error. Left Touch battery still shows full charge. Both new batteries put in at the same time.

This never happened to me before until the latest 1.39 PTC update.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I'm left-handed but But my right one goes bad first. Using the S.  Sometimes when I replace an uncharged battery with what should be fully charged battery it is dead also. The batteries are not that old and I only use them maybe 10 hours a week. (need to stop working and play more)

Dr-RoBeard
Honored Guest
My rift CV1 software has said for the last couple week my batteries are at 100%... is this a software bug or are rechargeable batteries a bad idea?

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I use rechargeable batteries with my CV1 without any problems and they lasted a long time with the S they do not last very long at all.

Dr-RoBeard
Honored Guest

DTH said:

I use rechargeable batteries with my CV1 without any problems and they lasted a long time with the S they do not last very long at all.

is it normal tho for them to stay at 100% for over a week.That or i have some god level batteries

DTH
Heroic Explorer
If you use them a lot maybe no.  I used mine maybe 10 to 15 hours a week.  It also depends on how you use them.  With me, it was mostly flying sims, puzzle games or mediation type software.  As long as they do not die on you at the wrong time I would not worry too much

Frizzylizzy
Honored Guest
I have the same problem with left controller battery draining very fast. Did not happen for the first few months but now I have to remove the left battery after using. 

maxthinh27
Honored Guest
My Oculus quest touch controllers have been run out so Freaking FAST!!!! When I first play it, it run out at 70%,80%,90% like a second. When I replace another battery, it does the same thing. I don’t know how to fix this situation. 

Richooal
Consultant
This issue has been around for years. Oculus are not going to fix it. If they were, it would be done by now. They haven't even bothered asking about the problem.

So you have only a few choices............
1. Get used to it and keep buying batteries.
2. Get used to it and buy rechargables and a charger.
3. Take out a ticket and complain that your controllers never go to sleep. (You'll get a replacement that also doesn't go to sleep)
4. Keep asking (over and over) for a on/off switch on the next version of the controllers.

or

5. Make your own on/off switch and enjoy quite reasonable battery life.

These things were designed by E.T. and are constantly using battery power to phone home. Even when put away in a drawer, my controllers are still not "off" after more than 12 hours.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

diehard25259
Honored Guest
This.  I've been having this problem for a long time on just my left controller.  Right touch controller acts as expected, and has good battery life.  The only solution I have found is to remove the battery from the left touch controller every time I am done using it. If I don't do that, I am always guaranteed to come back to a dead left controller.  Really annoying. Of course, this didn't really start until after my warranty had already run... so removing the battery it is.... I've been really happy with my Rift setup, but this is clearly a known/common issue.  Hope to see a fix!!