New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Will my Oculus rift games work with Oculus S?

YarishYarish Posts: 33
Brain Burst
I have Oculus Rift now.  If I buy the Oculus S will those games work on it or do I have to buy all NEW games??

Comments

  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,195
    3Jane
    Is that a serious question? Can you imagine the outrage if Rift games didn't work on Rift S?

    Rift S replaces the Rift, but for all intense and purposes there is only the Rift. Rift games work on Rift.
  • TheRealCyberTheRealCyber Posts: 192
    Art3mis
    Yes, it's still a Rift. All the games work.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,150 Valuable Player
    Yarish said:
    I have Oculus Rift now.  If I buy the Oculus S will those games work on it or do I have to buy all NEW games??

    Yup, your games will work on both the Oculus Rift and the Oculus Rift S without a problem.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

    Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • DTHDTH Posts: 257
    Nexus 6
    Also, you will be able to see clearer.

  • DarklordukDarklorduk Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Yarish said:
    I have Oculus Rift now.  If I buy the Oculus S will those games work on it or do I have to buy all NEW games??
    ive found some games dont work not inpressed
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,564 Volunteer Moderator
    Like what ones ??
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 592
    Neo
    edited July 17
    No, they won't work, BUT, there is a small fix, go and find two cans of custard, remove the paper label from both tins, then wash and dry the tins so they are clean dry and shiny, now place one tin on the window ledge of the room you have your S setup in, then place the other tin onto the floor against any wall of your choice, then stand in the middle of the room and look at each tin for a full 2 mins, now all your CV1 games will work with the S.........if you have to even install your OS then repeat this fix, i had to do a similar fix when i moved from the DK2 to the CV1, but my fix involved cutting holes into my clothes then trying to repair the damage, but thankfully Oculus brought out a patch......ba da dum.

    Aye thang yaw. ;)
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,689 Volunteer Moderator
    Some games might not work exactly as well due to the tracking differences (like turning on the flashlight in Lone Echo was hard when the Rift-S came out, until the 1.39 patch mostly fixed it), but I'm not aware of any game that doesn't work at all.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,821 Valuable Player
    OmegaM4N said:
    No, they won't work, BUT, there is a small fix, go and find two cans of custard, remove the paper label from both tins, then wash and dry the tins so they are clean dry and shiny, now place one tin on the window ledge of the room you have your S setup in, then place the other tin onto the floor against any wall of your choice, then stand in the middle of the room and look at each tin for a full 2 mins, now all your CV1 games will work with the S.........if you have to even install your OS then repeat this fix, i had to do a similar fix when i moved from the DK2 to the CV1, but my fix involved cutting holes into my clothes then trying to repair the damage, but thankfully Oculus brought out a patch......ba da dum.

    Aye thang yaw. ;)

    Hi OmegaM4N, i managed to get as far as finding two cans of custard.  I have the cans in front of me now but they don't have paper labels.

    Do you have a workaround for the next step please: "remove the paper label from both tins"?

    Please help, i want my CV1 games to work on my Rift S so badly!
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,564 Volunteer Moderator
    @OmegaM4N I also need some help, I don't have a rift S how do I proceed. I've sent the wife to tesco to get custard. Do I buy brand labels or tesco own brand. Looking forward to your reply.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 592
    Neo
    edited July 18
    OmegaM4N said:
    No, they won't work, BUT, there is a small fix, go and find two cans of custard, remove the paper label from both tins, then wash and dry the tins so they are clean dry and shiny, now place one tin on the window ledge of the room you have your S setup in, then place the other tin onto the floor against any wall of your choice, then stand in the middle of the room and look at each tin for a full 2 mins, now all your CV1 games will work with the S.........if you have to even install your OS then repeat this fix, i had to do a similar fix when i moved from the DK2 to the CV1, but my fix involved cutting holes into my clothes then trying to repair the damage, but thankfully Oculus brought out a patch......ba da dum.

    Aye thang yaw. ;)

    Hi OmegaM4N, i managed to get as far as finding two cans of custard.  I have the cans in front of me now but they don't have paper labels.

    Do you have a workaround for the next step please: "remove the paper label from both tins"?

    Please help, i want my CV1 games to work on my Rift S so badly!
    If the tins have no labels then grab some kitchen roll or even toilet paper, take a few sheets, and wrap around each tin, then leave for 1 min, then place both tins under some running water, you will then find the water removes the makeshift labels with ease, then dry and follow the steps above....happy VR custard gaming. ;)


    Techy111 said:
    @OmegaM4N I also need some help, I don't have a rift S how do I proceed. I've sent the wife to tesco to get custard. Do I buy brand labels or tesco own brand. Looking forward to your reply.

    ^^You cannot use Tesco brand custard as it is not fully compat with the Rift S, Tesco are well aware of this issue due to some complaints from some consumers that stated their custard was not working with any VR equipment, and they have recently released a press statment on the matter.........and i quote....

    Tesco press release concerning Tesco brand custard being used as any type of Vr external sensor setup.....
    " Our brand name custard has been produced for human consumption only, and in no way should it ever be used as any type of makeshift roomscale external sensor device for any and all electronic VR related devices, and in no way have Tesco every advertised it as anything other than a food"........

    ...and as of today Tesco are refusing to budge on that stance, so i can only hope that their poor treatment of the VR consumer on this matter sees them one day getting their just desserts

    Ba da dum.



  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,564 Volunteer Moderator
    Well that's just plain rude mate, maybe Sainsbury's?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 592
    Neo
    ^I know right, every little helps. lol
Sign In or Register to comment.