cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest - Tracking Lost Problem

Bunzee22
Honored Guest
I'm looking help or suggestions.   My new Quest was work fine and suddenly it lost tracking.  Now it doesn't seem to work.   I turn it off and on and it still says tracking lost.   Anyone else have this problem?   Should I do a factory reset?   Is there any customer service that doesn't take days?
70 REPLIES 70

Grayzilla
Honored Guest
Same issue.  Suddenly stopped tracking things.  Reset multiple times.  Should I just return it?

ajmanders414
Honored Guest
While playing space pirate trainer the bottom half of the screen was filled with black boxes. I switched to Netflix to check and they were there too. The menu was unaffected though. After restarting it went away. If it comes back should I return the unit? 

willyci
Honored Guest
this just happen to me too, reboot is not working, looks like I will have to do a hard reset. and I just got my this week, and used less than 1 hr. 

willyci
Honored Guest
help!!! reset twice, once from phone, and second from headset, now it is just hanging there, showing 3 dots. 

willyci
Honored Guest

did anyone got reply from oculus support?

"

I am following up on your conversation with Heather about tracking problems with your Quest.

We had been hearing reports that some Quests were having controller tracking problems after a recent update. Development has now deployed a fix for this issue, and it is available for download from your headset.

To get this update, please leave your Quest plugged in and on standby for at least 2 hours. It should download automatically.

If you're still having tracking problems after the update, please let me know and we can look into other options.

I'll look for your reply.

Jennifer
Oculus Support

"

matsondawson
Honored Guest
I had this issue when I had moved the quest from my desk at work to another room.  I had to go back to my desk to be able to click on reconfigure guardian boundaries.  I had actually clicked on reconfigure boundaries before I left my desk, this may be related?

dragons_knight
Honored Guest
today I experienced this exact problem black screen and tracking lost popup 2 days ago it was working fine,I did factory reset, lost every thing even my developed scenes , all settings worked properly but in end i am back to “tracking lost” screen at boot, the strange thing is tracking of the banner is 100% accurate and says tracking lost, i am wandering if something happened over night !! any solution
2dbcvbxp1mks.png

willyci
Honored Guest

today I experienced this exact problem black screen and tracking lost popup 2 days ago it was working fine,I did factory reset, lost every thing even my developed scenes , all settings worked properly but in end i am back to “tracking lost” screen at boot, the strange thing is tracking of the banner is 100% accurate and says tracking lost, i am wandering if something happened over night !! any solution
2dbcvbxp1mks.png

I having same error message, few days ago. nothing can fix it, I reset few times, tried different room locations, got the latest software update, nothing works. 

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
sounds like theyre using fullscreen and its losing gpu fps vs monitor fps. changing to fullscreen borderless would fix this.

dragons_knight
Honored Guest

willyci said:

2dbcvbxp1mks.png

I having same error message, few days ago. nothing can fix it, I reset few times, tried different room locations, got the latest software update, nothing works. 

any update from oculus ???
we need at least to know, if the system is damaged or what ??
and what is the cause!!!!!!!!!!!