cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Static / White Flashing + Win 7 Hotfix now live for All Users

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
UPDATE 7/29/19: For those Windows 7 users who have been having issues since receiving the 1.39 update, this 1.39 hotfix is now live for all users (not just PTC) and should correct the Windows 7 compatibility issue as well in addition to the static flashing behavior. In order to receive this update please perform a repair install of the Oculus software. On the off chance that the repair install does not remedy the situation, uninstalling the Oculus software, downloading the latest Oculus setup executable from Oculus.com, and performing a fresh install should resolve the issue.

As a reminder, we updated the minimum spec for the Oculus software to Windows 10 last year. We strongly encourage all Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 10 as soon as possible to prevent future compatibility issues and enable full Rift and Rift S functionality.

If you encounter any further issues, please be sure to utilize the help center > provide feedback option within the Oculus software and/or contact customer support. Thanks!

-------------------
UPDATE 7/25/19: Hi everyone - I have some good news to share! We're pushing out a PTC update for 1.39 today that includes an expected fix for the static flashing behavior on Rift S. In order to receive and test this update, please opt into the public test channel by going to Settings > Beta and ticking the box for Public Test Channel within the Oculus desktop software (if you are not already opted in). You should receive the new PTC build update shortly after you have opted in. Once downloaded, please give it a test and let us know how it goes! Assuming everything looks good on the PTC, we'll get this update pushed out everyone on the live channel as soon as possible.

As with any update, it's important to report any issues you encounter by utilizing the Help Center > Provide Feedback tool. Thanks again for your patience while we debugged this behavior and worked on a software resolution. We hope you enjoy this update!

-------------------
Original Post:
Hey everyone - Wanted to give a quick update on the status of the static flashing some of you are experiencing and where we're at. The team has been working on this one for a while, and while a fix is not included in the 1.39 PTC, and thus won't make the public 1.39 release, we do expect to have a firmware update that will resolve the issue soon. As soon as I know more, I'll share with you all, but in the meantime, thanks for hanging in there with us.
138 REPLIES 138

Great to have a sticky on this.

I'm really curious what Oculus have discovered to be the cause, if it's at all possible to share a little on that, it would be appreciated, especially by those of us with an engineering bent.

Anonymous
Not applicable
FLASH AAAARRRRRHHHH, It's got everyone of us (sorry thinking of the movie, don't know the words,ha,ha)
Thank you for the info, cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
"soon"

Anonymous
Not applicable
TOO LITTLE TOO LATE, ONLY TOOK YOU 2 MONTHS, I ALREADY GOT A REFUND !!!

DEKED
Explorer

kavange said:

"soon"

“soon”™

Dreadpirateflap
Expert Protege
Any word on the grip issue yet that seems to be caused by the battery cover?

CGH001
Protege
... thanks for the update.

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Will you repurchase when fixed ? I may do.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

Will you repurchase when fixed ? I may do.

Really enjoying mine Techy, have been using it on average probably around 2-4 hours a day since getting in on May 24th. 

GamingTC2
Protege

Hey everyone - Wanted to give a quick update on the status of the static flashing some of you are experiencing and where we're at. The team has been working on this one for a while, and while a fix is not included in the 1.39 PTC, and thus won't make the public 1.39 release, we do expect to have a firmware update that will resolve the issue soon. As soon as I know more, I'll share with you all, but in the meantime, thanks for hanging in there with us.

Thank you.