cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Static / White Flashing + Win 7 Hotfix now live for All Users

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
UPDATE 7/29/19: For those Windows 7 users who have been having issues since receiving the 1.39 update, this 1.39 hotfix is now live for all users (not just PTC) and should correct the Windows 7 compatibility issue as well in addition to the static flashing behavior. In order to receive this update please perform a repair install of the Oculus software. On the off chance that the repair install does not remedy the situation, uninstalling the Oculus software, downloading the latest Oculus setup executable from Oculus.com, and performing a fresh install should resolve the issue.

As a reminder, we updated the minimum spec for the Oculus software to Windows 10 last year. We strongly encourage all Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 10 as soon as possible to prevent future compatibility issues and enable full Rift and Rift S functionality.

If you encounter any further issues, please be sure to utilize the help center > provide feedback option within the Oculus software and/or contact customer support. Thanks!

-------------------
UPDATE 7/25/19: Hi everyone - I have some good news to share! We're pushing out a PTC update for 1.39 today that includes an expected fix for the static flashing behavior on Rift S. In order to receive and test this update, please opt into the public test channel by going to Settings > Beta and ticking the box for Public Test Channel within the Oculus desktop software (if you are not already opted in). You should receive the new PTC build update shortly after you have opted in. Once downloaded, please give it a test and let us know how it goes! Assuming everything looks good on the PTC, we'll get this update pushed out everyone on the live channel as soon as possible.

As with any update, it's important to report any issues you encounter by utilizing the Help Center > Provide Feedback tool. Thanks again for your patience while we debugged this behavior and worked on a software resolution. We hope you enjoy this update!

-------------------
Original Post:
Hey everyone - Wanted to give a quick update on the status of the static flashing some of you are experiencing and where we're at. The team has been working on this one for a while, and while a fix is not included in the 1.39 PTC, and thus won't make the public 1.39 release, we do expect to have a firmware update that will resolve the issue soon. As soon as I know more, I'll share with you all, but in the meantime, thanks for hanging in there with us.
138 REPLIES 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

skunky666 said:

FLASH AAAARRRRRHHHH, It's got everyone of us (sorry thinking of the movie, don't know the words,ha,ha)
Thank you for the info, cheers

Braben's aliiiiiiiiiive!!!

You'll have to own Elite Dangerous, Voice Attack and the Vasco Voice Pack to understand that one!  😄

Borscht4eVR
Heroic Explorer
This just became the most important thread to follow on the forum

Techy111
MVP
MVP

This just became the most important thread to follow on the forum

Steady on mate, I'm sure there is one around somewhere on pizza toppings 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

This is definitely going to be one to watch. I'm really hoping to keep my S, using it almost as much as @dburne there

Anonymous
Not applicable
I love you. Will you marry me? Heart

geoff_killick
Protege
This Is good news, the flashes are doing my head In and completely ruining my rounds of VR golf,  Nothing worse than being on a course In the middle of summer and someone throws a snowball at you as you're about to sink a putt! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Techy111 said:

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE, ONLY TOOK YOU 2 MONTHS, I ALREADY GOT A REFUND !!!

Will you repurchase when fixed ? I may do.

Heck NO. I lost all confidence in Oculus. You knowingly sold a defective product. You didn't even bother to communicate the problem until today.

Borscht4eVR
Heroic Explorer

Heck NO. I lost all confidence in Oculus. You knowingly sold a defective product. You didn't even bother to communicate the problem until today.

I get that you're peeved at Oculus, but don't take it out on volunteers. Techy didn't sell you anything, and Oculus refunded your purchase. Why still so mad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the status-update @ShowbizDonkey

Rosgillies
Adventurer

I get that you're peeved at Oculus, but don't take it out on volunteers. Techy didn't sell you anything, and Oculus refunded your purchase. Why still so mad?

He`s entitled to his opinion or is that also not allowed any more?