cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP forcing me into the "HOME" PLEASE..!!!

Jay737
Protege
I was with Rift from the very beginning and the Zuckerberg's entry has raised my eyebrows for awhile BUT.. WHAT THE HELL are you doing now??
Not everybody is interested in social media..  again "NOT EVERYBODY IS INTERESTED IN SOCIAL MEDIA"  DO you COPY?????
Guys (facebook), many of us bought the rift for a particular reason "to continue enjoying things we love", however somehow Oculus home pushes the boundaries closer and closer..
Why do I get oculus "home screen" instead of the launched app?
Why can't I switch to the app SIMPLY through the home menu?
I don't care about all the sprinkles you hang onto the VR driver but why would you block me from non FB content...???
Yeah, I got your answer right here "we're not doing this deliberately" 
Well, you know what? FO
STOP STAFFING YOUR BUSINESS INTO MY FACE !!!!!
I was one of the people who paid £800 for the first CV headset so I would expect it to be "adware free".
I do not care about "home" neither abut all the silly "collection of junk". I just need the driver to proceed quietly in the background.
Is that too much to ask???

Thank you
Jay
22 REPLIES 22

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So much emotion there...

STOP STAFFING YOUR BUSINESS INTO MY FACE

If you don't want a business in your face, then don't buy electronic products from a business. Your problems are self-imposed, and you can solve this yourself by avoiding the products that are causing you grief. The best way to avoid Facebook... is to avoid Facebook.

Pro tip: Oculus is VR by Facebook.

Luciferous
Consultant
You can launch the game from the desktop app and then put your headset on?

Jay737
Protege

Zenbane said:

So much emotion there..

If you don't want a business in your face, then don't buy electronic products from a business. Your problems are self-imposed, and you can solve this yourself by avoiding the products that are causing you grief. The best way to avoid Facebook... is to avoid Facebook.

Pro tip: Oculus is VR by Facebook.

Oculus was bought by FB in the later stage my friend. It actually started as a Kickstarter project which I was supporting through SDK one and two. Nobel idea, screwed up by greed and money.
I was emotional there simply because I was very pissed of...
I launch the game through Steam, and the stupid Home app comes up and I'm not able to switch back to my game which is clearly running on the monitor. 
As I said, I don't care about fancy sofa and trophies in a virtual lounge, why would anybody???
What's the logic behind this??
I want to put the rift on and start playing a game that I want. Is that so difficult?? 

Jay

sraura
Heroic Explorer
If you want peaceful world, google "Oculus homeless". Or if you prefer less googly option, use this.
Also there is this great browser extension called noscript. It is lovely against any kind Facebookish activity. And if that is not enough - with greacemonkey you add pile of turd to center of your least favorite webpage. Unfortunately that extension is only available for firefox so no candy for chrome.

Anyways only the 1st line of this post was on topic so hopefully it eases you pain ::smile:

RattyUK
Trustee
I launch from the desktop app in most cases, when launching Steam apps don't pick up the headset until the steam app has appeared on the monitor screen.  There are random occasions when Steam launch fails so I just close it out and start over.

In general, I only see 'Home' when I actually want to, odd...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I actually quite like home because i can slip on my CV1 and do everything within it so i don't have to remove it again until i am done with VR, as i hate having to take the HMD off just to head back to the PC monitor to do stuff, and the very reason why i just recently refunded Assetto Corsa which has the dumbest implimentation of VR i have ever come across, and which seems to be a national secret because no one seems to mention this and i only found out after i had bought it, (steam refunds save the day though), but you have to remove the HMD and use a normal PC screen to do everything but the actual race. 😕
But when i put on the HMD i expect to be able to do everything from within it, and as of now the present setup seems to work quite well.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Jay737 said:
Oculus was bought by FB in the later stage my friend. It actually started as a Kickstarter project

The consumer products, which is what you are complaining about, came at the later stage. Facebook already owned Oculus by the time the consumer product was available. And your complaint is about the consumer product.

As I said, I don't care about fancy sofa and trophies in a virtual lounge, why would anybody???

Why would anybody care about VR? Why would anybody care about video games? If you are going to introduce "caring" then none of this is worth caring about, in the grand scheme of things.

And while on the topic of caring... since this product belongs to Facebook and Oculus, why should they care about your personal preferences?

Perhaps you should consider a different approach.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
zofno123zspd.gif
WAAAGH!

Digikid1
Consultant
cszrjt1evxs4.gif
Suck it up Buttercup.

You bought into this arch....you will deal with what THEY give you AND LIKE IT!!! 😄