cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

MowTin
Expert Trustee

RuneSR2 said:

My Index has shipped, should arrive Tuesday next week. 

Mine is also scheduled to arrive Tuesday next week.

I hope they fixed the controllers. It seems like all they need to do is use a longer metal rod in the thumbsticks. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

MowTin said:

RuneSR2 said:

My Index has shipped, should arrive Tuesday next week. 

Mine is also scheduled to arrive Tuesday next week.

I hope they fixed the controllers. It seems like all they need to do is use a longer metal rod in the thumbsticks. 

Well obviously they didn't if you go back a page and have a read. I also just said in the post above yours that a guy has just received his Valve index with the same faulty controllers.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Valve Index Prescription Lens Adapter is now available - looks nice, but I think I'll try with my own VR glasses first:

https://vroptician.com/prescription-lens-inserts/valve-index/

szlyhtvwr82t.jpg
k6b4izrsp1kd.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
More from Mr. Wood, Rift-S vs. Index vs. Reverb, click to enlarge: 

4s3ohi42zlph.jpg

https://youtu.be/F3gz35cF1rw

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 - Can you give us a review of the Valve index a.s.a.p. I have six days to change my mind 🙂

I really want to see what the HTC Cosmos has to offer though and are Samsung about to announce another VR headset soon?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
The reverb is really good, if only they can sort out their issues then the headset will be a winner. Want mine back asap !!!

Ps I'd say the reverb is clearer and better than the comparison shot above by far !!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Techy111 said:

The reverb is really good, if only they can sort out their issues then the headset will be a winner. Want mine back asap !!!

Ps I'd say the reverb is clearer and better than the comparison shot above by far !!!

Good for sims but for a headset to use for everything else? I want one because I like sims otherwise I would probably give it miss.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Mine will be used "solely" for simming. If like me that's your passion then the reverb is your headset, second to none.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

@RuneSR2 - Can you give us a review of the Valve index a.s.a.p. I have six days to change my mind 🙂

I really want to see what the HTC Cosmos has to offer though and are Samsung about to announce another VR headset soon?

Not sure I can be that quick - it should arrive exactly on my Birthday, so I might not have a lot of time to test it that day as my wife may get the strange idea that I should spend some time with the family, lol. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday I'll have more time... Not sure I can provide you with much that hasn't already been said, we'll see... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

Not sure I can be that quick - it should arrive exactly on my Birthday, so I might not have a lot of time to test it that day as my wife may get the strange idea that I should spend some time with the family, lol. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday I'll have more time... Not sure I can provide you with much that hasn't already been said, we'll see... 

Well that's grounds for divorce right there...just make sure you get custody of the VR headsets and PC and NOT the kids 😄