cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP forcing me into the "HOME" PLEASE..!!!

Jay737
Protege
I was with Rift from the very beginning and the Zuckerberg's entry has raised my eyebrows for awhile BUT.. WHAT THE HELL are you doing now??
Not everybody is interested in social media..  again "NOT EVERYBODY IS INTERESTED IN SOCIAL MEDIA"  DO you COPY?????
Guys (facebook), many of us bought the rift for a particular reason "to continue enjoying things we love", however somehow Oculus home pushes the boundaries closer and closer..
Why do I get oculus "home screen" instead of the launched app?
Why can't I switch to the app SIMPLY through the home menu?
I don't care about all the sprinkles you hang onto the VR driver but why would you block me from non FB content...???
Yeah, I got your answer right here "we're not doing this deliberately" 
Well, you know what? FO
STOP STAFFING YOUR BUSINESS INTO MY FACE !!!!!
I was one of the people who paid £800 for the first CV headset so I would expect it to be "adware free".
I do not care about "home" neither abut all the silly "collection of junk". I just need the driver to proceed quietly in the background.
Is that too much to ask???

Thank you
Jay
22 REPLIES 22

jab
Rising Star
.... people like you are exactly why companies get away with making 'cloud' products that dosent have to be, where you effectively rent instead of owning your product/game etc.

sford52
Heroic Explorer

sraura said:

If you want peaceful world, google "Oculus homeless". Or if you prefer less googly option, use this.

I have the Rift cv1 and current Oculus, Windows 10, and Drivers.  This method continues to work.
It is easy and you can have both the original and homeless files in the binaries directory (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-worlds\Home2\Binaries\Win64\) and so can switch between the two. This really seems the ideal solution. 
Thanks  NeoZeroo for providing this and @sraura for pointing it out (yet again I imagine)
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Digikid1
Consultant

jab said:

.... people like you are exactly why companies get away with making 'cloud' products that dosent have to be, where you effectively rent instead of owning your product/game etc.

To whom are you referring to?

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

jab said:

Do you have STEAM on your computer?
If so.

nt5exd4chphj.gif
WAAAGH!

jab
Rising Star
Of course I have steam. But only because the reality today is that since people are just going with the flow, there are no realistic alternatives. At least not legal ones... But I don't go around and try to ridicule people for calling out systems like that for what they are.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

jab said:

Of course I have steam. But only because the reality today is that since people are just going with the flow, there are no realistic alternatives. At least not legal ones... But I don't go around and try to ridicule people for calling out systems like that for what they are.

Instead you go around calling out people who call out people for calling out systems that you don't like? Sounds so reasonable. Especially considering that your callout attempts are incredibly lackluster.  Your reference to "cloud apps" missed the mark quite impressively.

It went something like this,
"I hate that Nike puts their Logo on all their shoes!"
- Angry Consumer

"Then don't buy their shoes."
- Zenbane

"People like you are the reason public transportation exists!"
- jab

Consumers do have a choice, including legal ones. Just because you decide to limit your choices doesn't mean you are justified in whining about a system which was built by people who made a proper choice.

msm903
Protege
There should be an official option available not to load home. Maybe just load the DASH. While Oculus homless works, why do we need to use those methods to disable it. A simple checkbox in the settings would be appropriate for those who prefer not to utilize it.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

Jay737 said:
Oculus was bought by FB in the later stage my friend. It actually started as a Kickstarter project

The consumer products, which is what you are complaining about, came at the later stage. Facebook already owned Oculus by the time the consumer product was available. And your complaint is about the consumer product.

In fact the Facebook buyout was revealed before the DK2 shipped, about 6 days after the DK2 preorders opened. Oculus has existed for 7 years, only 2 of those were before Facebook.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus Tray Tool has a nice implementation of a version of Homeless, makes it really easy to switch, and automagically "reapplies" Homeless after an Oculus update.

msm903
Protege

Remmer_G said:

Oculus Tray Tool has a nice implementation of a version of Homeless, makes it really easy to switch, and automagically "reapplies" Homeless after an Oculus update.

Thank you, never actually looked for that option