cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB driver warning and more

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
So only had it 1 day and wow nothing but problems!

here is the list-
•USB needs updating - already has upto date drivers - Have to uninstall that USB controller and restart PC to fix.
•Display port unplugged - no it isn’t.
•When looking into the headset just get the 3 loading dots.
•When looking into the headset see the display but the touch controllers are directly in front of your face and can not move them.
•Oculus home constantly opening even after I close the app down.
•One of the touch controllers don’t work even when it shows connected in devices in the app - have to unplug batteries and reinsert to fix.
•In devices it shows phantom right controllers.
•When looking into the headset it displays correctly but the home screen is million miles in the sky.

As you can see there is a lot there I have managed to fix all but the phantom controllers but I will not hold my breath as I’m sure one of the above will happen again.

EDIT
As expected gets home from work and the update USB warning is there! So it’s safe to say it’s not our drivers unless all of a sudden intel are bringing out new drivers every 30 minutes!

I have spent more time trying to sort these little bugs than I have played the thing! 

Its safe to say i have not enjoyed the experience so far.

SPECS
32gb DDR 4
2080 ti 
Intel i9 cpu

full specs here - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MrBluePlaydoh/builds/

16 REPLIES 16

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
It’s it just me look Look below there is a thread from some one else and online search also shows a lot of people also. And yes every driver is up to date.

i don’t have afterburner and when I changed USB ports it’s fine for a bit then soon as turn pc off and come back the next day that new port will be the same.

it don’t seem to be effecting the tracking YET so hope it’s just a visual bug inthe setting like the extra right hand touch controller 

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Ok in team speak with a friend who also has a headset and my drivers are newer than his! but his is fine so this has to be a visual bug in the app 

Usagi89
Honored Guest
same issue just happened to me yesterday wth 

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Some wise man once said that "if it works, don't fix it".

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Well I fixed the issue, I will post when home from work.

Furax85
Honored Guest
Same issue here... update millions time my drivers, uninstall /reinstall oculus app.. still have the orange warning for updating the usb 3.0 things... and so I 've got the black screen sometimes and must unplug or reboot to refresh it... really boring thing!!
And yes like you all both if I can play when in orange.. sur we have some performance issue when the usb 3.0 is a bit laggy... w8for the devs man... cause what I read on refit we are plenty  people with that issue

kettenschutz
Explorer
be sure that you have the latest may update of windows 10 installed. thats propably not listed at "WINDOWS UPDATE". You need the windows update download tool (very special, microsoft ...)
i had that problem ....
And the other part is always the usb. Rift and USB are bitches. sometimes youre in luck, sometimes not
at first be sure that youre using an INTEL USB 3.0 (gen 1) Port. Not 3.1 or gen 2 Port.
at second be sure that you have the MICROSOFT DRIVER for the USB controller installed

at latest i had a huge problem with lags and stutters even if i hadnt changed anything and all up2date drivers
i swapped usb ports there and back and rebooted the pc in between. tada it works again
i dont know whats about VIVEs stuff, but Oculus and USB is a  real bitch. You just need to have some fortune 😉

-> The "Update your usb drivers" warning inside the oculus app is nonsense. thats a bug you can ignore. If the headset is running fine you dont have to mess with this.