Vader Immortal - better than the movies - best PCVR ever - Rift impressions and reviews - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Vader Immortal - better than the movies - best PCVR ever - Rift impressions and reviews

13»

Comments

• WildtWildt Posts: 1,937 Valuable Player
    I might add that some of the rounds are totally random. If the small flying droids all spawn far away from you, and attack slowly, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get 3 stars. But but if they spawn close, you can get lucky and get a 6-7 droid kill streak in a few seconds, making it doable. 

For me it was a big issue with round 9 and to some extend with round 24 and 29.

A small tip is that often you can actually attack and kill the saber droid that's in the center front position, even when it isn't attacking you. Just be careful not to step out of your bounds, or you'll be disqualified.
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,064 Valuable Player
    I downloaded this last night on my cv1 and Was really impressed. Would have loved a blaster though and a few firefights with storm troupers in the corridors.
  • Error-401Error-401 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    First game I purchased for my rift s, to be honest it was way too dark to see whats happening. I read about a fix I saw on reddit last night, going to try it later :)
    PC: Intel Core i9-9900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 16GB | MSI RTX 2080 Ventus | Samsung 970 Pro NVMe | SilverStone SX700-LPT | GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi | SilverStone RVZ03B-ARGB

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 2,851 Valuable Player
    edited July 3
    Wildt said:
    You may now address me...

SITH LORD!

Awesome - especially after you failed so many times but refused to give up - come to think of it, another quote may be appropriate o:)

Billedresultat for succeed yoda quote
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz boost, 11 Ghz ram); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • Error-401Error-401 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    edited July 3
    Hi resolved the issue with darkness (however can not take credit for it, found it on reddit after some searching)
    If you go to this folder location on your computer: (copy location below and right click windows icon, select run, paste, hit enter)
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\WKND\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
    Then make a backup of the file Engine.ini (just make a copy of it in the same folder), then open Engine.ini in notepad go to the end and paste the following
    [/Script/Engine.Engine]
    DisplayGamma=3.5
    Click File/Save and thats it, apparantly that number can be increased or decreased to change the level, however that level worked great for me. Hope that helps anyone else, cheers !
    PC: Intel Core i9-9900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 16GB | MSI RTX 2080 Ventus | Samsung 970 Pro NVMe | SilverStone SX700-LPT | GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi | SilverStone RVZ03B-ARGB

• ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 248
    Nexus 6
    edited July 5

I figured it out how to get this game keep running. I tried another USB-Port for my Rift S an voila: i could play Vader Immortal twice to it's end. It's worth a try on your side. :)

What a fun to have a really impressive made lightsaber. Especially the rumble effects on the controllers are fantastic. Have you stabed the lightsaber into a wall? The feeling of some sort of material-resistance when i try to move my lightsaber inside the wall is very impressive.

I can't wait for episode 2. Hopefully with some Sith-Enemies to fight.

Hey @MrAnderson96543 ...Thanks for the tipoff, and guess what, it worked for me too!

Wow that is such a fun experiance. a little dark in places, but such good fun. I too am hopeful for a blaster fight in Ep. 2!!

I'm going to be showing this to everyone now instead of First Contact, which by the way is soooo much more detailed on the Rift S!   Getting up close the the 3D printer, and you can actually see internal workings and water stains on the glass where it would have been wiped clean!!  I'm pretty certain I did not see that in CV1.

One thing I would have liked is a more natural method of climbing ladders.  it is a little immersion breaking to just grab the first rung and then just appear at the top of the ladder.  It was perfectly implemented in Lone Echo, so it can be done.

Thanks again.

Keeping my S now after the latest patch release. :-)

RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 536
    Neo
    Finally got around to trying this, and to be honest I wasn't expecting that much from it going in, but wow! Yes! Pleasantly surprised to say the least. A real top notch quality experience, easily one of the best yet. Even the lightsaber dojo is very good, and having tried similar lightsaber type things before, this is easily the best. Well, you'd hope that wouldn't you, what with it being official Star Wars and all.

Going forward, yes a few blaster fights would be cool, but what I really want is to have a high speed X-Wing vs Tie Fighter dogfight, either in a space battle above a planet or zooming along at high speeds across a planet surface (thats no planet!).
  • ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 248
    Nexus 6

One thing I would have liked is a more natural method of climbing ladders.  it is a little immersion breaking to just grab the first rung and then just appear at the top of the ladder.  It was perfectly implemented in Lone Echo, so it can be done.

Just found the option in settings, if you disable the default mode of ladder climb, then you can do full "rung-by-rung" ladder climbing! :-)
    RIFT CV1
    RIFT S

Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • ohgrantohgrant Posts: 175
    Art3mis
    I started playing this on my Quest this weekend, I found myself out of breath and and totally immersed. As A Star Wars fan and an even bigger Star Wars Lucas Arts SW game lover. This is the game I've been waiting on for years and the perfect next step in VR experiences. Didn't realize it's on the Rift already, dl'ing now. 
     It's been a while since a Star Wars game came along that can top what Lucas Arts have done in the past. In my opinion neither Bethesda or EA ever came close. This is now the greatest Star Wars game or experience in my book. Bravo ILM and Oculus, that's a partnership to get excited about. I think it sets a new standard of what a Star Wars game and a VR experience should be in 2019.      
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,912 Valuable Player
    Just played this for the first time and it's awesome!!!

Not too keen on the smooth turning because it isn't that smooth but maybe I've got it set up wrong. I'll have a look at the options later.

Worth every penny though!
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever