New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Troubleshooting Help! Three Dots Loading Screen...

2»

Answers

• anivaidoanivaido Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    d1m said:
    Have the same trouble with three dots on my Rift S. In Oculus drivers everything is ok, USB 3.0 and DisplayPort connected properly, but I have three dots in my headset. After launching Elite Dangerous I see headset tracking movings, but nothing image inside VR. What's wrong with Oculus? Where is Oculus support comments?
    this same thing happens to me, I already have two weeks with my new rift s and the only thing I see are those terrible three points that are driving me crazy

NerveGear
    Help oculus, help with this problem do not know all the effort I had to do to have this viewer and after more than two weeks I have not been able to use it yet. :(
  • sraurasraura Posts: 590
    Trinity
    edited July 2019
    Well as some have already suggested in this thread, here is link to most common reason for 3 dots showing on HMD. If that is not it, same thread has plenty of other troubleshooting tips.
  • ejbRIFTejbRIFT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited July 2019
    I had this problem and this is what worked for me,
    Device Manager / Imaging devices / Rift S / right click / Update driver / automatically update

NerveGear
    ejbRIFT said:
    I had this problem and this is what worked for me,
    Device Manager / Imaging devices / Rift S / right click / Update driver

automatically update or search software from the computer?
    NerveGear
    sraura said:
    Well as some have already suggested in this thread, here is link to most common reason for 3 dots showing on HMD. If that is not it, same thread has plenty of other troubleshooting tips.

none of this has given me good resultsEscribe tu comentario
    Trinity
    anivaido said:
    sraura said:

none of this has given me good resultsEscribe tu comentario
    So... what kind of computer and graphics card you have and are you using any adapters to connect your Rift S to computers displayport?
    NerveGear
    edited July 2019
    sraura dijo:
    anivaido dijo:
    sraura dijo:
    Bueno, como algunos ya han sugerido en este hilo, aquí hay un enlace a la razón más común por la que aparecen 3 puntos en HMD. Si eso no es así, el mismo hilo tiene muchos otros consejos para solucionar problemas.

Nada de esto me ha dado buenos resultados.
    Entonces ... ¿qué tipo de computadora y tarjeta gráfica tiene y está utilizando algún adaptador para conectar su Rift S a la pantalla de computadora?

El gráfico es un gtx 1070 ti ultra silent,I'm not using adapters
    Trinity
    edited July 2019
    Would be nice if we could keep this discussion english... There is also spanish section available if you prefer that.

Have you used the log gatherer already and/or opened ticket with oculus support?

Also as you probably have spanish operating system, you might want to try and create new local windows admin account specially if you currently have accents (éóúí and so on) or similar "special" letters on your windows username. Then try to reinstall or repair oculus software in that new account. Certain windows versions have had problems with those special letters combined with Oculus software. Sounds bit weird and unconventional, but rather many issues have been fixed by doing this. Real reason behind the behavior remains unknown or varies case by case. If running out of other options - is worth trying anyways.
  • Adam6952Adam6952 Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Use this process if at any point the normal install/uninstall fails:

1. Disconnect the computer from the internet
    2. Backup any necessary content (See: 2. How do I backup the content I download for my Oculus Rift?)
    3. Reboot into Safe Mode
    4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel
    5. Delete all Oculus folders from here: C:\Program Files
    6. Remove any Oculus folders from here: ⦁ C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData ⦁ C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local ⦁ C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow ⦁ C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    7. Restart the computer in normal mode
    8. Reconnect the computer to the internet
    9. Install Oculus Home
  • SonicMikeSonicMike Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Adam6952 said:

2. Backup any necessary content (See: 2. How do I backup the content I download for my Oculus Rift?)
    3. Reboot into Safe Mode
    6. Remove any Oculus folders from here: ⦁ C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData ⦁ C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local ⦁ C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow ⦁ C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    9. Install Oculus Home
      Adam6952 said:

3. Reboot into Safe Mode
      9. Install Oculus Home

This worked for me.
  • SouzaphoneSouzaphone Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was having this problem for days and I was messing around with the .exe files in the download folder. The same set up I had was having the oculus home open, 3 dots going, sound playing in background, also I had the oculus mirror open if that makes a difference. Then I went oculus\support\oculusdrivers and then I launched oculus-driver.exe.. This fixed it for me and I hope this fixes it for others as well. 
  • jhericojherico Posts: 1,420
    Nexus 6
    Just chipping in.  I recently had this problem and it turned out to be some kind of weird interaction between Chrome and Oculus.  Chrome was apparently trying to access the only camera installed on my system (i.e. the Rift S) and it wasn't until I shut down Chrome and then told the Oculus software to restart that the problem was resolved.  

I believe it got triggered when I went into a Google Hangouts meeting and Chrome asked me to access my camera, and not thinking, I said "yes".  

So just a suggestion for anyone having this issue, shutdown all your browsers and restart Oculus, and see if it resolves the issue.  You might also have to go into the camera settings for Chrome and tell it to always ask for access, resetting access if you've previously granted it permission.

Brad Davis - Developer for High Fidelity
    Co-author of Oculus Rift in Action

• flukey5flukey5 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just want to help anyone that has this problem. If none of the above solutions work, I found that the '3 dots loading' happens after the screen turns off when your face isn't in the headset (like standby). I've found that, if I restart my PC with my rift S plugged in and keep my finger over the sensor then it restarts normally and you can do anything you like. The SECOND you allow the screens to turn off it goes back to 3 dots constantly. 

Cant be bothered to fiddle with all this software rubbish? cover the sensor with a thick bit of tape and just plug/unplug the rift from your USB whenever you want to use it. Janky? yes, but it works for me. 
  • AkalysxnxxAkalysxnxx Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Hey,
    (sorry for my english)
    After hours, and days searching a fix for my issue, i managed to do it !
    What was my issue ?
    - Sensor check Failed (Worked the first time i setup the headset)
    - Stopped working when my computer go in sleep mod or rebooting
    What i tried ?
    - everything posted on internet and support ticket !
    - Example : (privacy setting camera, usb driver, clean install (work one time ) ,changing port etc ... )

What's my fix ?
    For some reason i dont know how it s work but its work :
    -Go to Safe mode (press shift and reboot)
    -Disconnect internet
    -delete only appdata/roaming/temp ( c:/user/appdata )
    -boot normal mode
    -Launch Oculus client without the headset plugged
    -Click on device
    -click Rift s and touch
    -Config the device
    -plug usb3 wait for the check and plug display port

let me know if this work for you ?

Thanks !
  • beastman666mbeastman666m Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    SonicMike said:
    Adam6952 said:

This worked for me.
    New user here. First day Occulus Rift S worked. Next day white dots. This solution worked for me, too.

• beastman666mbeastman666m Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited November 2019
    Ups Double Post

• MibyGatchMibyGatch Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i just had to move my usb from the slot it was in to a usb 3.0 slot and it fixed it

• dotyjdotyj Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I've got to say good call on pointing at Chrome as the culprit.  

All I did was close Chrome and run c:\program files\oculus\support\oculus-drivers\oculus-driver.exe

Once I was sure my headset was happy again I restarted Chrome.