cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool looking game Sorcerer what do you guys think?

OnTiltRyan
Explorer
So we are making this new game called Project Sorcerer, VR arena magic casting game, wondering what people think of the Gif and if the game looks interesting enough? The main mechanic is using your arm position to cast magic, the idea being that you can more easily flow with magical attacks and combos using physics to knock enemies around.
9 REPLIES 9

Luciferous
Consultant
Erm what GIF?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
You didn't post the Gif?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

OnTiltRyan
Explorer
The gifs are on Facebook and Twitter, under On Tilt Interactive Sorcerer.

OnTiltRyan
Explorer
Sorry I forgot to add that bit haha. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee
One thing I learned playing Mage VR is that using a throwing motion to cast can be very exhausting and should be avoided. Also, it's very inaccurate and forces you to have to use some lock on target mechanic which is somewhat immersion breaking.

I would suggest you consider an old game not well known game for inspiration. It was called Phantom Dust. It didn't get a lot of attention but it was an awesome game. It was 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 dueling. It's really like a magicians duel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXaSQFIyZ4
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

So we are making this new game called Project Sorcerer, VR arena magic casting game, wondering what people think of the Gif and if the game looks interesting enough? The main mechanic is using your arm position to cast magic, the idea being that you can more easily flow with magical attacks and combos using physics to knock enemies around.

Uhm, this... gif?

https://www.facebook.com/OnTiltInteractive/videos/397588864446592/

I don't have a Facebook account (same goes for Twitter), I didn't see any animation - I wasn't impressed. 

This looked better - but I'm hard to impress:

https://youtu.be/uU33ZJP-sYM

The most annoying thing was that I had to spend time finding the gif and the YouTube video when you easily could have posted both - like I just did.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

OnTiltRyan
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback guys, im still new to this whole marketing thing so this helps me better do this sort of thing. If you guys want I would love to get your opinions on the upcoming testing of Sorcerer if you want to give it a try?

Shepardeon
Explorer
I'm not sure about your teleporation. Usually games have a quick fading effect while teleporting the player in order to avoid desorientation and motion sickness induced by fast movement. While your game seems to make the player sort of "dash" to the desired position. Also, having a way to choose which way you're facing after teleporting should be a must for people like me with only 2 sensors (ie. no full 360 rotation freedom)

OnTiltRyan
Explorer

I'm not sure about your teleporation. Usually games have a quick fading effect while teleporting the player in order to avoid desorientation and motion sickness induced by fast movement. While your game seems to make the player sort of "dash" to the desired position. Also, having a way to choose which way you're facing after teleporting should be a must for people like me with only 2 sensors (ie. no full 360 rotation freedom)

Thanks for the feedback, the idea for the dash was to be one of the spells. We were going to add an effect to the dash to signify the element it belongs to. But you have given me some stuff to think about.