cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebVR = Firefox stuck on "Loading..." indefinitely

CyborgZombie
Sightseer
Hey guys, I see people have had this issue before but none of the solutions are working for me. I don't know if this is an Oculus issue or a Firefox issue.

I'm using Oculus Rift S and it has been great. I love it, girlfriend loves it. I watched WebVR content multiple times since owning it. For the past few days however, whenever I click on a webVR link to switch into headset mode, my oculus brings up the firefox loading window and doesn't change or move no matter how long I leave it. The website will change the window into the dual screen, the website tracks the headset movements, the sound comes through the rift headset, but no video plays in the headset.

I have tried installing older versions of firefox x64 (version 67.0 and 59.0 since these apparently worked for people in the past)
I have run the programs as administrators
I have kept the Oculus off, opened the video, clicked the VR Headset button, THEN plus on the headset
I have updated all my drivers
I have loaded the videos through the virtual desktop in Oculus
I have tried using Chrome/Waterfox/Opera and even *shudder* Microsoft Edge
I have tried finding the 3D graphics for the dedicated card but im on a desktop and only have 1 graphics card, a Geforce RTX 2070

The ONLY thing I can think of that MAY have changed something, would be that I downloaded the HEVC video extension from the windows store. I don't know if that has any correlation, but I tried uninstalling it and attempting videos through Oculus and it didn't work. I also went through all my video player default extensions to see if any were set to something weird. Other than that, there have been no changes to my PC that I can think of since the last time these VR videos worked.
12 REPLIES 12

NextRealityDigi
Honored Guest
I'm in the same situation 😞 

NextRealityDigi
Honored Guest
I dint install anything, almost sure is a problem between Oculus (updates) and Firefox (updates) 

CyborgZombie
Sightseer
Does anyone have an answer for this?

If it was a firefox update issue, every single person with VR would be having this problem, but seeing as how the forums havent exploded with people looking for answers, it must be something else. Can we get some insight into this issue?

ukvrdemo
Explorer
Hi, did you ever resolve this?
I have the same issue, only real difference is that I have an RTX2060 and WebVR content has never worked on this Laptop.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
I have firefox 68.0.1 (64-bit) and WebVR samples run fine with Rift S.
If you have issues, would recommend trying to reinstall Firefox and/or going to "about:config" page, searching for "vr" and checking that status of all vr related rows is "default". To access this config page you need to write that url manually to address bar... If you click the link it will probably try to open it but will fail... security thing...

ukvrdemo
Explorer

sraura said:

I have firefox 68.0.1 (64-bit) and WebVR samples run fine with Rift S.
If you have issues, would recommend trying to reinstall Firefox and/or going to "about:config" page, searching for "vr" and checking that status of all vr related rows is "default". To access this config page you need to write that url manually to address bar... If you click the link it will probably try to open it but will fail... security thing...

Thanks. Yes I checked the Firefox settings and they are default (i.e enabled).

I've just installed Supermedium VR Browser in Oculus and that does the same thing, just sits there with the 'Loading...' window in the headset. The window does appear on my laptop.

I've just checked some other apps, the Oculus Demo Apps work fine like Dream Deck, First Steps etc.
Google Earth doesn't start though, don't even get a Loading window... nothing.

I don't know what else to do. Oculus is up to date, GeForce Drivers are the latest.

ukvrdemo
Explorer
OK this is officially driving me nuts!

Reading other reports of Google Earth not working, a common theme is having the Oculus plugged in to the same Graphics Card, ok I can see that being easy to do on a desktop where IGP has separate ports on the motherboard backplate along with a discrete graphics card.

But this is a laptop. I notice the laptop display is using the generic MS Display Driver presumably on the Intel IGP.
There is no Bios option to disable IGP.

So I disabled MS Generic Display Adapter from Device Manager.

That does seem to force Nvidia usage as now when I go to the Nvidia Control Panel all the options for Default and Program by Program have gone.

Though the Display Adapter Properties still show Generic Display Adapter (with info unavailable).

Still no joy though... Google Earth still wont launch and WebVR now doesn't even show the Loading screen in Headset.

stolkl
Honored Guest
I am also having the exact same issue.
I am using the latest Firefox version 68.0.2 (64-bit) and Oculus Home 1.40.0.281178 (1.40.0.281178)

ukvrdemo
Explorer
OK so I resolved it and frankly it is a bit embarrassing.

After spending hours of messing around, Oculus Support put me on the right track by pointing out that the primary display adapter was using the generic Microsoft driver.

So I had diligently got the latest Oculus and Nvidia software/drivers but had neglected to even install the Intel drivers for the Integrated Graphics. Once I had done this all was well.