cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

sparkorn
Honored Guest
ok i have an issue that ive been trying to fix for a while with uninstall/reinstalling multiple times and get the the point where everthing loads with ott and steam/steam vr with everything detected but i get no hmd image coming up on the oculus rift  . also there is the new update but the file is corrupted and unreadable for 0.86.2.0

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@sparkorn Not sure if that is related to OTT, unless you manage the Ouclus runtime service using OTT and the service is not started. In either case, i would recommend you first

1) Reboot your PC so that all is fresh.

2) Verify that the Oculus service is running by
Right-clicking This PC/My Computer -> Manage -> Left-click Services and Applications in the left window ->
Left click Services -> Find the 'Oculus VR Runtime Service' and make sure it running and if not start it. Don't worry about the service named 'Oculus VR Library Service', just leave that one alone.

3) Start Oculus Home and go to Devices and verify that they are all green and happy. If not, try switching USB ports and see
if that does anything.

4) Make sure you are running the latest drivers for your graphics card. I had to update my nVidia drivers a week or so ago for the same problem.

4) Try running a repair on the Oculus installation and see if that fixes things. I've never had to do that myself so not sure if you will need to set everything up from the beginning again.

Also, the 0.86.2 installation package looks fine, i just tested downloading it and running it myself. It's more likely Windows SmartScreen or your antivirus that is causing that, which in turn might possbily be causing issues with your Oculus installation. So if the above does not help also try temporarily disabling the antivirus to test if that is the issue. I would not recommend keeping it disabled, it's just for testing purposes.

Cheers!

sparkorn
Honored Guest
ok i have gone through all these steps and even tried earlier versions of my gpu drivers around the time it was working with no luck . At one point steamvr said there was a problem with the oculus run time and i did the repair with the march 2018.exe which fixed that part but all of what you have recommended ive done . i managed to get the latest version of ott installed thanks 

keem85
Protege
Hey. Adding profiles hasn't worked for a few years in any of your versions. I've had to edit the XML files for every game..
Now I've been away from VR for half a year, and I can't seem to find the XML file to edit for game spesific profiles. Where is this XML file now?

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@keem85 Welcome back! No xml file anymore, i switched to a sqlite database a while ago. If you have issues creating profiles in the current release i’d like to take a look in the ott.log. So send that to me and i’ll have a look. 

keem85
Protege
Hey @ApollyonVR 🙂 Thanks! I attached the file.. I tried to add a profile for Robinson now, right before uploading it to you, so you can see what happens, hopefully.. What happens is that when I create profile and hit "OK", nothing happens. It is as if I should have pressed "CANCEL" instead.. Very weird. I've had this issue for a couple of years afaicr. It was so easy to just edit the XML file directly instead. 

Oh, and by the way, the working ones further up in the log, like "ETS2", it's working because I edited the xml files a while back. Those xml edited files seems to work with your new database lite version. But all new profiles that are added through your application just vanishes.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Ok, so that looks a bit weird. If you upgraded from a really old version we probably have a compatibility issue, there's been quite a few changes. I'll send you a PM and we can check on things.

keem85
Protege
Thanks man for your PM. The complete reinstall (and deletion of old residue files) helped 🙂

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Sweet 😃

sparkorn
Honored Guest
@ApollyonVR any other ideas what could be the issue ? ive gone as far as doing a fresh windows install when i found the black display issue and all your suggestions dont fix it 😞