cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Luciferous
Consultant
Happy Birthday Runes. Is it here yet? ?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
He won't be able to comment, apparently his wife has birthday stuff for him today, takes a while to open new socks and some aftershave 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Not sure I've seen many shots of the real box and packing, but the mailman just delivered this - and the wife is still in a good mood - said something like "you knew that package would arrive today, right?"  🙂 Spidey just to show the scale, weight on the package 7.83 kg (17.26 lbs) - it's heavy - package looks in perfect shape, no sign of any damage:

qacoexmwgg1y.jpg
6ogpgkwms64r.jpg

Not sure if I should open it - right now everything is perfect, not sure that'll continue when I try the controllers 😉 Maybe I've got another Schrödinger's cat in my hands, quite hard to pick the perfect time to open the box to see if it's alive or dead, lol. 

y5dy8gb76ri1.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Luciferous
Consultant
YOU know you want to 🙂  I presume you are sitting at breakfast, drinking coffee smiling at the family and pretending you don't want to abandon them and rip it open like a lunatic.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

YOU know you want to 🙂  I presume you are sitting at breakfast, drinking coffee smiling at the family and pretending you don't want to rip it open like a lunatic.

You know me better than my wife! :blush:

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I really dislike all those annoying box shots on Valve Index Reddit - I'm so happy that the mods have deleted many of them. But I love my own box shots :blush: And since I'm semi-incapacitated setting up and using the gear today, I have a lot of time to post photos  o:)

I opened the box this way - carefully so I'm still able to return it:

qfcede6nwqtc.jpg

Tilted the box 90 degrees and gravity helped a lot:

fzk40oc0clzy.jpg

ntpwu06kffop.jpg

wr3ngsnntcyx.jpg

3a11gsw45q9d.jpg

ufy6gm8wq1x6.jpg

Info on left side of the box - I removed the serial numbers:

bcxomy8vt0yt.jpg

Info on right side of the box:

xyx08dpnb4ox.jpg

- Compared to the CV1 bundle the Index box definitely is much bigger - and I'd say more impressive in quality too, although I really love the CV1 box (which has a handle like a suitcase, the Index box doesn't):

995srpxb2u2r.jpg

CV1 is on top :blush:

smmjfxzksx68.jpg

I love to collect stuff in mint condition - and I often find it very hard to remove shrink wrapping from comic books, sometimes leading me to buy two so I don't have to remove the shrink wrapping and ruin the mint condition for one book :blush: 

Clearly my biggest problem today will be to break the seal  :#

4rwfcblt2jji.jpg 

BTW, this does show - I think - that I've received an unopened (non-refurbished) Index - but I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, because then Knuckles probably have not been through new QA... Yeah, I know, Harry said it before:

15wd82wbdq4v.png

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just open the damn thing. It's your B'day which means you get to do what you want to do. Isn't that the whole point? Kids go play outside (make sure they have sunscreen today). Wife, help me unpack.

Sorted.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just open the damn thing. It's your B'day which means you get to do what you want to do. Isn't that the whole point? Kids go play outside (make sure they have sunscreen today). Wife, help me unpack.

Sorted.

I'll try to get it set up later today, but probably it won't be before the evening - a few guests are coming over - have to get food ready etc. so kids aren't the main problem today 😉

BTW, this is a slightly delicate situation - she just noticed the giant box, realized it wasn't a comic book and wasn't exactly pleased (VR isn't very social in her mind). I'm so happy I got the package today - getting it tomorrow (her birthday) I may have felt like Donald Duck meeting the gorilla  :# 😄
Image result for dead duck lies here donald gorilla

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Happy Birthday Runes. Is it here yet? ?

Thanks - just saw your post - it's here - but I'm taking it slow - each base station must be perfectly angled, just getting that right may take me hours  B) And it's hard to perform this kind of surgery today and tomorrow. Maybe I should call some of my wife's friends and invite them over tomorrow so she'll be occupied  >:) 
Single dudes have no idea how easy their lives are  😉 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Damn, if your wife ever reads this thread Rune you're in big trouble.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.