cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right speaker distortion/buzzing on Quest

goodbyegalaxy
Honored Guest
Didn't see anything else about this yet. Using the built in speakers, after a few minutes of playing the sound out of the right speaker becomes distorted and has a loud buzzing noise. If I reset the unit it goes away but eventually comes back. Is this a hardware defect that I should return the Quest over?
37 REPLIES 37

Greekspartan121
Protege
I have the same problem with my oculus quest.The right speaker sounds like it's blown,once you reset it's goes back to normal sound,then a few seconds later,it starts distorting again.Very annoying and spoils the fun big time.
Thinking of returning it for a replacement.
Has anyone noticed a green pixel dot on the loading screen before the oculus O appears.Been there since I bought it,like a dead pixel,Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.Thanks.
£500 and we all have speaker and lens issues,some are better than others,how can that be.poor workmanship and not enough attention paid to quality, disappointing.

kenwardng
Honored Guest
Anybody have a fix? I just got mine today and same issue

kkusune
Honored Guest
Me too!

The_Heaf
Honored Guest
Same here, right ear

Eurobuff
Explorer
I had the same issue. Contacted support and was told I needed to update to the latest firmware. I was running 256550.6170.5, needed to update to 6180 version. I left the headset on, connected to WiFi and charging for 5 hours, after which time the update had been carried out. I used  the quest right down to 13% battery and had no sound issues. I’ve charged it up last night and I’m going to try again to make sure it’s still ok. But first use after update seemed fine.

U4RIC
Honored Guest
Hi all, you guys say reboot, do you mean restarting the quest or reset to factory?

SirMarshall
Protege

U4RIC said:

Hi all, you guys say reboot, do you mean restarting the quest or reset to factory?

Reboot... or turn off the Quest. 
It's happens to me two times in this months. 

Eurobuff
Explorer

Eurobuff said:

I had the same issue. Contacted support and was told I needed to update to the latest firmware. I was running 256550.6170.5, needed to update to 6180 version. I left the headset on, connected to WiFi and charging for 5 hours, after which time the update had been carried out. I used  the quest right down to 13% battery and had no sound issues. I’ve charged it up last night and I’m going to try again to make sure it’s still ok. But first use after update seemed fine.

A further update. Used quest after charging and did notice static noises. Not as loud as before and this time it seemed as if it’s coming from the back of my head, not my right side. It’s noticeable on games & apps and playing movie files on skybox or oculus gallery. Restart doesn’t help.

DummyNicc
Honored Guest
I have been having this sort of problem too. What ultimately fixed the problem is using headphones. Ever since I started using headphones the problem vanished.

alphacatfs
Honored Guest
Just adding a "me too" to this.  I've had my Quest for just under a week and the problem first surfaced last night.  Right side, very bad buzzing.  Initially (first few days), the audio would pop in the left.

Also, like @justintime4this, this unit has a TON of "god rays".  Edit: upon closer inspection of the lenses, it appears they have smudges/fingerprints on the inside (back side).

Wondering if I should return as defective?

Version: 3.60.71.150513939
Runtime Version: 3.13.88.151557608
OS Version: user-256550.6810.0