Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
125 REPLIES 125

Fangzhou
Adventurer

dburne said:

Fangzhou said:

I did not get any notification for update, is that means the 1.39 Release is the same as 1.39.0.268010 PTC? 
Please no, the 1.39.0.268010 is very buggy. All of static flashes, black screen this kind of bugs remains; the controller tracking improvement of the first 1.39 PTC version was downgraded; and brings new bugs, such as USB warning, microphone noise problems and controller drifting problems. 
Please tell me that Oculus will not use this buggy version as release version.
Or maybe Oculus just want to use the bugs to annoy users, for fun?

The static flashes have already been acknowledged by Oculus and they have stated a fix is in the works but would not make it in the 1.39 release. Hopefully it will be soon.
I have not necessarily noticed a degradation of tracking in latest 1.39, but may be due to the type of games I play.
USB warning - agree they really need to get that fixed, especially for new users that may not be aware it means nothing.
Black screens, in my case I finally found after much troubleshooting if I disabled my secondary monitor and only have monitor 1 running during Rift S use, I do not get them. I am probably in the minority on this, so other causes I am sure exist.
I would certainly like to be able to run both monitors while in VR like I could with Rift CV1. Hopefully the info they get from users who do use the submit feedback feature will help.

I submit my full logs with description of all the problems happens almost everyday. For example, yesterday, again black screen, restart computer, microphone noise, restart computer (restart Oculus service is not fixing it), finally get Rift S to be functional, then right controller drifting three times. 
I have keep submitting logs and bug reports for several weeks, non of the bugs was fixed, and non of the bugs seems like going to be fixed. 
And yes, for static flash Oculus have official announcement that they are NOT fixing it in 1.39, which is already more than 50 days after the problem was found.

Seems like they just ignoring the bug reports and let Oculus Support telling users that “We will fix it as soon as possible. ”, meanwhile redefining the word “soon”. 

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
I just got my first black screen yesterday how could a update be released black screen, false USB warning and static white flashes.

Jonny-Yarko
Explorer
Well guys, everything has been working great until i did this update, After downloading and letting the oculus software install everything, my audio no longer plays through the Rift S speakers, the strange thing is that if i go to my start bar and select the S speakers i can play music from my desktop through them.

However, in the oculus software, its states that there is no sound ?? I'm at work at the moment, so haven't done much trouble shooting yet . . that's tonight's job i think.

Sorry guys i've only owned VR for about a month . . everything was going great until i updated, i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem (Audio seems to be a bit of an issue it seems). 

Dreadpirateflap
Expert Protege
So any word on whether this fixed the lag on the grips?

HailHoge
Explorer
Do not forget the unconnected display port.
I have been there three weeks.

inovator
Consultant

Well guys, everything has been working great until i did this update, After downloading and letting the oculus software install everything, my audio no longer plays through the Rift S speakers, the strange thing is that if i go to my start bar and select the S speakers i can play music from my desktop through them.

However, in the oculus software, its states that there is no sound ?? I'm at work at the moment, so haven't done much trouble shooting yet . . that's tonight's job i think.

Sorry guys i've only owned VR for about a month . . everything was going great until i updated, i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem (Audio seems to be a bit of an issue it seems). 

Oculus says you should install window 10 update 1903 before you install 1.39
I thought I had latest but I didn't so I installed 1903 and I'm now waiting for 1.39 to make its rounds to me. Please enter in your search bar the word winver and the latest update version will appear. 

Jonny-Yarko
Explorer

inovator said:

I thought I had latest but I didn't so I installed 1903 and I'm now waiting for 1.39 to make its rounds to me. Please enter in your search bar the word winver and the latest update version will appear. 

Thank for this info Inovator, i appreciate it. I had no idea i had to update to 1903 (First . . Gulp), i'll have a look to see what version i'm running, i only bought my computer about a month ago, so i may already have it updated . . but i'll check it out as first point of call in my troubleshooting as well as driver updates and so on.

It's strange, the update has given me a ghost controller as well, everything else checks out other than the oculus device tab says the headset has no audio . . Sigh . . 

So, i'll be updating round the wrong way, Rift first then Windows. ha ha.

inovator
Consultant

inovator said:

Thank for this info Inovator, i appreciate it. I had no idea i had to update to 1903 (First . . Gulp), i'll have a look to see what version i'm running, i only bought my computer about a month ago, so i may already have it updated . . but i'll check it out as first point of call in my troubleshooting as well as driver updates and so on.

It's strange, the update has given me a ghost controller as well, everything else checks out other than the oculus device tab says the headset has no audio . . Sigh . . 

So, i'll be updating round the wrong way, Rift first then Windows. ha ha.

Please let us know what happened. I found this out when I sent a ticket asking when the rollout other than beta was going to happen. And someone from oculus said that 1903 update was important in addition to regular window updates. If you don't have 1903 then u install it and your problem isn't fixed, you may want to ask oculus if 1903 has to be installed 1st.

Dakiller1009
Explorer

So any word on whether this fixed the lag on the grips?

I also want to know if the non beta release of 1.39 will fix the grip button lag most of us are encountering. Had any one who has recieved it confirm ? 

Jonny-Yarko
Explorer

inovator said:

Please let us know what happened. I found this out when I sent a ticket asking when the rollout other than beta was going to happen. And someone from oculus said that 1903 update was important in addition to regular window updates. If you don't have 1903 then u install it and your problem isn't fixed, you may want to ask oculus if 1903 has to be installed 1st.

I will do.

Thanks again for your input, i'll look forward to trying these things out when i get home . . If not i'll be sending my first ticket.

Loving VR so far though . . so lets hope we can get this fixed.