New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 344 Oculus Staff
edited July 23 in Oculus Rift S and Rift

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Comments

• EthrelaedEthrelaed Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    When will the download start? What is the schedule?
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,146
    Wintermute
    I can't find this "Passthrough" on my Rift. Can I download it somewhere? Also I still need to enter my height manually. What's going on?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • NeokinNeokin Posts: 93
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 23
    I really dig the gateways in Home! And now, with the possibility to directly enter into an app, it's like jumping between worlds/realities!
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,378
    Project 2501
    Richooal said:
    I can't find this "Passthrough" on my Rift. Can I download it somewhere? Also I still need to enter my height manually. What's going on?
    Pretty sure that this only applies to Rift S and Quest.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

Wintermute
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Richooal said:

But it's posted in Rift S and Rift, not Quest.
    Project 2501
    Ya, I guess these updates need to be a bit more specific regarding Rift cv1 and S.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• FangzhouFangzhou Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    Richooal said:
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Richooal said:

But it's posted in Rift S and Rift, not Quest.
    Well Passthough+ is using the cameras on headset to capture the real environment so that you don't need to take off the headset when you need to see the real world environment. Although the software for Rift S and OG Rift is the same, this function can only be used for Rift S (because CV1 don't have cameras on headset..)
  • hellzbellz1234hellzbellz1234 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Richooal said:

you should enable it in settings and then stick your head outside the play area. pressing the home button pulls it up sometimes too

Brain Burst
    edited July 26
    Update on July 27: 
    With 1.39.0.272909, Static Flash Is Gone. Finally. Good Job Oculus. (This kind of bug should not be released to customer in the beginning though, lol)
    Still got:
    1. Buzzy microphone noise. This happens randomly, but once it happens it will keep happen every few seconds, which makes social games like VRChat unplayable. Some people says this is because of extension cable, but I directly plug USB to a USB 3.0 port on motherboard. And this was not happening before 1.39 PTC second update (1.39.0.268010). 
    (I saw signal analyze on Reddit says Rift S compress voice very hard. Is the noise also a compression problem?)
    2. Black Screen. This used to happen in 1.38, but in first 1.39 PTC update, this problem was gone. In the second update of 1.39 PTC (1.39.0.268010), the problem come back and happens very frequently. Usually it happens after I restart Oculus Service for fixing other bugs. 
    3. Controller drifting. Somehow controller just drifting suddenly, and automatically return to normal in several seconds. This also brings by 1.39.0.268010, not happening in 1.38 or the first version of 1.39PTC.

Previous post:
    I did not get any notification for update, is that means the 1.39 Release is the same as 1.39.0.268010 PTC? 
    Please no, the 1.39.0.268010 is very buggy. All of static flashes, black screen this kind of bugs remains; the controller tracking improvement of the first 1.39 PTC version was downgraded; and brings new bugs, such as USB warning, microphone noise problems and controller drifting problems. 
    Please tell me that Oculus will not use this buggy version as release version.
    Or maybe Oculus just want to use the bugs to annoy users, for fun?
    Wintermute
    Fangzhou said:
    I did not get any notification for update, is that means the 1.39 Release is the same as 1.39.0.268010 PTC? 
    Please no, the 1.39.0.268010 is very buggy. All of static flashes, black screen this kind of bugs remains; the controller tracking improvement of the first 1.39 PTC version was downgraded; and brings new bugs, such as USB warning, microphone noise problems and controller drifting problems. 

History repeats itself. The bugs are never fixed before the release goes public.

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,716 Valuable Player
    Fangzhou said:
    The static flashes have already been acknowledged by Oculus and they have stated a fix is in the works but would not make it in the 1.39 release. Hopefully it will be soon.
    I have not necessarily noticed a degradation of tracking in latest 1.39, but may be due to the type of games I play.
    USB warning - agree they really need to get that fixed, especially for new users that may not be aware it means nothing.
    Black screens, in my case I finally found after much troubleshooting if I disabled my secondary monitor and only have monitor 1 running during Rift S use, I do not get them. I am probably in the minority on this, so other causes I am sure exist.
    I would certainly like to be able to run both monitors while in VR like I could with Rift CV1. Hopefully the info they get from users who do use the submit feedback feature will help.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • synthkidsynthkid Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    How do i get the latest update on m yrift ? i am on 1.38 .

• dburnedburne Posts: 2,716 Valuable Player
    1.39 release is rolling out to public now, usually rollout can take up to 3-4 days for everyone to get it.
    Alternatively you might can select the Public Test Channel in the Beta tab, and it might go ahead and download right away still.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Project 2501
    It's automatically rolled out by region.  I normally get it within 5-7 days after it is announced.

• vonskievonskie Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Awesome now maybe the 1.40 version will roll out to PTC with the promised white static flash fix..

My guess is the cable is to long as display port is rated at 3 meters and the cable is longer than that but who knows.

• DARTHVRNETDARTHVRNET Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Could you please fix the moving scanlines of the screen?
  • ProfessorGoodfeelsProfessorGoodfeels Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am using a Rift S.
    Games are literally impossible to play after this update. Any kind of haptic feedback or vibration causes the tracking to stop in any game that uses more than a tiny amount of haptic. I had reverted from PTC cause of these issues and upon updating today, I had hoped that this glaring issue would of been fixed before public release. 
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 451
    Trinity
    edited July 23
    I am using a Rift S.
    Games are literally impossible to play after this update. Any kind of haptic feedback or vibration causes the tracking to stop in any game that uses more than a tiny amount of haptic. I had reverted from PTC cause of these issues and upon updating today, I had hoped that this glaring issue would of been fixed before public release. 
    Sorry to hear those issues.  I'm assuming no one reported those issue and thus they didn't get fixed.

Best way to report bugs you experience in the PTC is through the Feedback form on the desktop app. Also be sure to include your logs ("Include System Info") as to help pinpoint the issue.

i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 119 Oculus Staff
    I am using a Rift S.
    Also worth opening up a ticket with our support team to investigate if you haven't done so already. You can dp so here: ocul.us/contact
    Brain Burst
    dburne said:
    Fangzhou said:
    The static flashes have already been acknowledged by Oculus and they have stated a fix is in the works but would not make it in the 1.39 release. Hopefully it will be soon.
    I have not necessarily noticed a degradation of tracking in latest 1.39, but may be due to the type of games I play.
    USB warning - agree they really need to get that fixed, especially for new users that may not be aware it means nothing.
    Black screens, in my case I finally found after much troubleshooting if I disabled my secondary monitor and only have monitor 1 running during Rift S use, I do not get them. I am probably in the minority on this, so other causes I am sure exist.
    I would certainly like to be able to run both monitors while in VR like I could with Rift CV1. Hopefully the info they get from users who do use the submit feedback feature will help.
     I submit my full logs with description of all the problems happens almost everyday. For example, yesterday, again black screen, restart computer, microphone noise, restart computer (restart Oculus service is not fixing it), finally get Rift S to be functional, then right controller drifting three times. 
    I have keep submitting logs and bug reports for several weeks, non of the bugs was fixed, and non of the bugs seems like going to be fixed. 
    And yes, for static flash Oculus have official announcement that they are NOT fixing it in 1.39, which is already more than 50 days after the problem was found.

Seems like they just ignoring the bug reports and let Oculus Support telling users that “We will fix it as soon as possible. ”, meanwhile redefining the word “soon”. 
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    I just got my first black screen yesterday how could a update be released black screen, false USB warning and static white flashes.
  • Jonny-YarkoJonny-Yarko Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Well guys, everything has been working great until i did this update, After downloading and letting the oculus software install everything, my audio no longer plays through the Rift S speakers, the strange thing is that if i go to my start bar and select the S speakers i can play music from my desktop through them.

However, in the oculus software, its states that there is no sound ?? I'm at work at the moment, so haven't done much trouble shooting yet . . that's tonight's job i think.

Sorry guys i've only owned VR for about a month . . everything was going great until i updated, i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem (Audio seems to be a bit of an issue it seems). 
  • Stevenugent83Stevenugent83 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    So any word on whether this fixed the lag on the grips?
  • HailHogeHailHoge Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    Do not forget the unconnected display port.
    I have been there three weeks.
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,069 Valuable Player
    Well guys, everything has been working great until i did this update, After downloading and letting the oculus software install everything, my audio no longer plays through the Rift S speakers, the strange thing is that if i go to my start bar and select the S speakers i can play music from my desktop through them.

However, in the oculus software, its states that there is no sound ?? I'm at work at the moment, so haven't done much trouble shooting yet . . that's tonight's job i think.

Sorry guys i've only owned VR for about a month . . everything was going great until i updated, i'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem (Audio seems to be a bit of an issue it seems). 
    Oculus says you should install window 10 update 1903 before you install 1.39
    I thought I had latest but I didn't so I installed 1903 and I'm now waiting for 1.39 to make its rounds to me. Please enter in your search bar the word winver and the latest update version will appear. 
    NerveGear
    inovator said:
    I thought I had latest but I didn't so I installed 1903 and I'm now waiting for 1.39 to make its rounds to me. Please enter in your search bar the word winver and the latest update version will appear. 
    Thank for this info Inovator, i appreciate it. I had no idea i had to update to 1903 (First . . Gulp), i'll have a look to see what version i'm running, i only bought my computer about a month ago, so i may already have it updated . . but i'll check it out as first point of call in my troubleshooting as well as driver updates and so on.

It's strange, the update has given me a ghost controller as well, everything else checks out other than the oculus device tab says the headset has no audio . . Sigh . . 

So, i'll be updating round the wrong way, Rift first then Windows. ha ha.

• inovatorinovator Posts: 2,069 Valuable Player
    inovator said:
    Thank for this info Inovator, i appreciate it. I had no idea i had to update to 1903 (First . . Gulp), i'll have a look to see what version i'm running, i only bought my computer about a month ago, so i may already have it updated . . but i'll check it out as first point of call in my troubleshooting as well as driver updates and so on.

It's strange, the update has given me a ghost controller as well, everything else checks out other than the oculus device tab says the headset has no audio . . Sigh . . 

So, i'll be updating round the wrong way, Rift first then Windows. ha ha.

Please let us know what happened. I found this out when I sent a ticket asking when the rollout other than beta was going to happen. And someone from oculus said that 1903 update was important in addition to regular window updates. If you don't have 1903 then u install it and your problem isn't fixed, you may want to ask oculus if 1903 has to be installed 1st.
  • Dakiller1009Dakiller1009 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    So any word on whether this fixed the lag on the grips?
    I also want to know if the non beta release of 1.39 will fix the grip button lag most of us are encountering. Had any one who has recieved it confirm ? 
    NerveGear
    inovator said:
    Please let us know what happened. I found this out when I sent a ticket asking when the rollout other than beta was going to happen. And someone from oculus said that 1903 update was important in addition to regular window updates. If you don't have 1903 then u install it and your problem isn't fixed, you may want to ask oculus if 1903 has to be installed 1st.
    I will do.

Thanks again for your input, i'll look forward to trying these things out when i get home . . If not i'll be sending my first ticket.

Loving VR so far though . . so lets hope we can get this fixed.
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    Don't believe that Windows 10 Version 1903 is going to solve your problems.