cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 7.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Features and updates listed here apply to Quest, Go and Gear VR unless otherwise noted. All content highlighted below will begin roll-out during the week of July 22, 2019.

VR Settings

• We’ve enhanced the overall audio experience, and added the ability to enable or disable your microphone in VR.
  • We’ve added a search bar throughout your in-VR experience so you can always find the content you’re looking for.
  • You can now opt-in to new features we’re testing from your settings menu under the “Experiments” section, like the bluetooth keyboard option we’ve highlighted below.
  • We’ve added an option in the settings panel for Night Mode to reduce blue light and ease eye strain.

Guardian (Quest)

We’ve improved the overall performance of Guardian and added the following new features:

• If your Guardian boundaries are too sensitive, you can adjust them from the Guardian settings page.
  • If you need to adjust your floor height, you no longer have to reset your Guardian. Instead, you can make adjustments right from your Guardian settings page.
  • You can now set multiple Guardians in the same room and switch between them.

Keyboard

• You can now use Bluetooth keyboards and gamepads to type and navigate in VR. You can find pairing options for your Bluetooth device in your headset’s settings panel under the experiments section.

Store

• We’ve updated the look and feel of the Oculus Store for Go and Gear VR.
  • You can now use filtering based on price, comfort or genre, to make it easier to find new apps you might be interested in.
  • If you’re interested in an app but not ready to purchase, you can save it to your wishlist for later.

Feed

We want to make sure that your Oculus experience is made just for you. To do that, we’ve added the following new features to customize your feed both in VR, and in the Oculus mobile app:
  • Follow your favorite games, developers and genres so you’ll be notified when there’s something new.
  • Let us know if you liked or disliked an app when you’re done using it, so we know what to recommend next.
  • Hide things from your feed that you don’t want to see again.

Headset Setup (Quest)

• We've updated the experience for adjusting the fit and improving the focus and clarity of your headset.
  • You can now auto-pair your headset from the Oculus mobile app if it's detected nearby.

Touch Controllers (Quest)

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Rift S, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

• We’ve made enhancements that make it easier to update and edit your Oculus Avatar.

Notifications

• You can now receive notifications in VR and in the Oculus app on your phone when an event you’re interested in is starting.

-----

Edit: Night Mode was mistakenly included in these release notes, however this feature is not included in build 7.0. This feature is being targeted for a future release. Apologies for the confusion and thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on this one!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
91 REPLIES 91

nalex66
MVP
MVP

enigma01: Someone tells me the new update
is “headset version” 333700.2680.0

Yup, this seems to be the case. I was on 256550.6810.0 when I checked this morning. Just got home from work and checked again (through the phone app), and now I have 333700.2680.0.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

liebergrazer197
Honored Guest
Since todays update to latest Android on Samsung S9 Gear VR says visit http://support.oculus.com reinstalled already all Gear VR stuff. After the Update the Oculus was installed, since then it stopped working.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
I've had my headset sitting for the past 5 hours and still haven't received the update.  It really is a shame we don't have a way to force an update.

welpenhund
Honored Guest

nalex66 said:

enigma01: Someone tells me the new update
is “headset version” 333700.2680.0

Yup, this seems to be the case. I was on 256550.6810.0 when I checked this morning. Just got home from work and checked again (through the phone app), and now I have 333700.2680.0.

I am still stuck at the old version 256550.6810.0, i already updated the Iphone app and rebooted the headset several times. How can i make it upgrade the firmware?

vinipoars
Honored Guest

Since todays update to latest Android on Samsung S9 Gear VR says visit http://support.oculus.com reinstalled already all Gear VR stuff. After the Update the Oculus was installed, since then it stopped working.

Same here, unfortunately. ?

welpenhund
Honored Guest
Did a full reset of the headset, now it updated...

spyro
Expert Protege
Would love to answer phone calls and see toasts of messages in VR via Bluetooth without taking the headset off.

livson
Protege
I've had my headset in standby for 7 hours plugged in sitting in my office, no update. Sure wish we could trigger an update ourselves, you know, like every other current generation gaming console. 

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
Updated overnight here. It was in standby while recharging. Where can I find the option to turn micro on and off? 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

JSAVR
Protege
What is the version number for this release as in the number that will display within the headset under settings/about? Will it be 7.0 or a longer number with decimals?

Also how do I initiate the update?

Thanks