Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

Comments

• inovatorinovator Posts: 1,958
    Project 2501
    Don't believe that Windows 10 Version 1903 is going to solve your problems.
    Why do you say that?
  • Stevenugent83Stevenugent83 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    So any word on whether this fixed the lag on the grips?
    I also want to know if the non beta release of 1.39 will fix the grip button lag most of us are encountering. Had any one who has recieved it confirm ? 
    It's hard to tell because the problem was intermittent for me. I just played an hour of blade and sorcery with no issues, I was able to throw daggers etc with no problems. So i'm starting to get hopeful.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,026 Valuable Player
    inovator said:
    Why do you say that?
    Micro$oft. 
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 899
    3Jane
    Version 1803 solved mine...   I'll get 1903 next year :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 115
    Art3mis
    edited July 24
    inovator said:
    Why do you say that?
    Because Customer service has no idea of what's going on I have Windows version 1803 , 1809 and 1903 the only problem I have are black screens and flashing white static.
  • Patrn_FlyrPatrn_Flyr Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    So any word on whether this fixed the lag on the grips?
    I have had the issue intermittently depending on which update.  I had the latest 1.39 update (beta) not sure if it is the same as the release version and had all sorts or grip release issues again.  Just opted out of beta and 1.38 installed itself.  Less than 1 hr after experiencing grip release issues in Eleven table tennis and Stern pinball.  No issues with 1.38.
    Not sure wha will happen when I get the official 1.39 but for now no grip issues.
  • sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    edited July 24
    Digikid1 said:
    inovator said:
    Why do you say that?
    Micro$oft. 
    Yea... Personally I believe that Windows is heading to very warm place. Before windows 10 was introduced, we got main release, service pack1 and usually service pack2. Always after SP2 the main release started to be rather reliable, well known by the users and relatively bug free. People started to like it too much and Microsoft had problems getting people to move on to next main release. Windows 10 was their solution to the problem, but now we are stuck in a train which gains new bugs, malware and other issues release after release. I haven't really figured out what will happen when backwards compatibility of current hardware or software reaches point, when it is no longer compatible with newest update of windows 10. Before it was simple - now it is just bulljunk...

I've said it before, but here goes again... Personally I will move to alternative choice as soon gaming on it becomes less painful than dealing issues with windows. Unfortunately today is not that day yet. Thankfully at least steam is on right track.
  • RickfmelloRickfmello Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Has the new version been fixed by the Steam VR headset identification issue?
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,026 Valuable Player
    sraura said:
    Digikid1 said:
    inovator said:
    Why do you say that?
    Micro$oft. 
    Yea... Personally I believe that Windows is heading to very warm place. Before windows 10 was introduced, we got main release, service pack1 and usually service pack2. Always after SP2 the main release started to be rather reliable, well known by the users and relatively bug free. People started to like it too much and Microsoft had problems getting people to move on to next main release. Windows 10 was their solution to the problem, but now we are stuck in a train which gains new bugs, malware and other issues release after release. I haven't really figured out what will happen when backwards compatibility of current hardware or software reaches point, when it is no longer compatible with newest update of windows 10. Before it was simple - now it is just bulljunk...

I've said it before, but here goes again... Personally I will move to alternative choice as soon gaming on it becomes less painful than dealing issues with windows. Unfortunately today is not that day yet. Thankfully at least steam is on right track.
    Totally right. Windows is garbage. However since it is the mainstay for gaming we are stuck with it. 
  • VortimousVortimous Posts: 54
    Brain Burst
    Where can you tell which version you are currently running?  I see a spot under devices that says what firmware version I have, but then see another spot where it says what oculus app version I have.  What would be the latest or newest of each?
    Trinity
    Vortimous said:
    Where can you tell which version you are currently running?  I see a spot under devices that says what firmware version I have, but then see another spot where it says what oculus app version I have.  What would be the latest or newest of each?
    settings/general tab, scroll to bottom.
    Project 2501
    Mine just rolled out after I wrote last post. For me it's omg tracking was close to perfection. I could get the scope close to my eye in Pavlov and the orange light about USB error was gone. All that's left for me are the white flashes. My shooting was great with the improved tracking and can't even imagine going back to sensors.
  • EthrelaedEthrelaed Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Upgraded, still have problems with the onboard usb 3.1 gen2 and still choppy mess on the other onboard usb 3.1 ports from my asus c7h. Windowsupdate for new drivers no success.
    Oculus home lags when i try to grab and open the rewards. Looses even 6dof tracking.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,253
    Wintermute
    I got the non-optional 1.39 update earlier today.  No problems with my Rift CV-1.  

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

• raypereniarayperenia Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Anyone else running Windows 7 x64, having problems with Oculus App Status? I've uninstalled Oculus 4 times or more, and have installed it clean, and I am still having problems with the Oculus App Status. It was running perfect before 1.39 update earlier this week!
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,114
    Wintermute
    TomCgcmfc said:
    I got the non-optional 1.39 update earlier today.  No problems with my Rift CV-1.  

Same here. I really think they need to separate the Release Notes for Rift and Rift S though. I don't mind sharing the software, but it would be good to know which changes, if any, affect the CV1.
    Currently the Release Notes read as if the CV1 doesn't exist.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    3Jane
    Anyone else running Windows 7 x64, having problems with Oculus App Status? I've uninstalled Oculus 4 times or more, and have installed it clean, and I am still having problems with the Oculus App Status. It was running perfect before 1.39 update earlier this week!
    I don't wish to be too much 'rain on your parade' but....

I seem to recall W7 support being 'phased out' in the not too distant past, maybe changes have been made that only incorporate W10 'updates' as functional?
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

• KontonrfiveKontonrfive Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    edited July 25
    @rayperenia: me too. No service......checking status of my Oculus app..."restart Computer"...blabla.
    @RattyUK: does that mean, i cant use my Oculus rift any longer due of using win 7 ??
    3Jane
    edited July 25
    @rayperenia: me too. No service......checking status of my Oculus app..."restart Computer"...blabla.
    @RattyUK: does that mean, i cant use my Oculus rift any longer due of using win 7 ??
    I'm not certain - not that it helps! - but as I was forced to go W10 because of no W7 chipset support I'm not in the position to be definite :smile:
    I think @MAC_MAN86 had actual experience - by pinging him hopefully he'll drop by and give a response.

• CGH001CGH001 Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited July 27
    Just had the 1.39 release plus the firmware update for my Rift S. Seems smooth and judder free after about an hour and I have had no sign of the white flashes (which appeared randomly before). However, the photos I put in my home using 'Simply Home' no longer appear correctly - half of the images have blank frames and a couple of the frames now have weird shadows behind them. I re exported the images again but they still don't appear correctly in my home anymore.

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon about the white flashes. They're back today and every few seconds in Elite Dangerous :(
    I've signed up to the PTC to get the latest Beta version but it says it's installing 1.38.1 now??!!
  • cigaremoodscigaremoods Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited July 25
    CGH001 said:
    Just had the 1.39 release plus the firmware update for my Rift S. Seems smooth and judder free after about an hour and I have had no sign of the white flashes (which appeared randomly before). However, the photos I put in my home using 'Simply Home' no longer appear correctly - half of the images have blank frames and a couple of the frames now have weird shadows behind them. I re exported the images again but they still don't appear correctly in my home anymore.
    The same problem for me since 1.38 :'(  for with a CV1

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, Intel core I9-9900K, MSI RTX 2080 TI Gaming X Trio 11go, Corsair DDR4 16go, SSD Samsung NVMe M.2 500go, SSD Samsung 2To 860 QVO,
  • Jonny-YarkoJonny-Yarko Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    inovator said:
    Please let us know what happened. I found this out when I sent a ticket asking when the rollout other than beta was going to happen. And someone from oculus said that 1903 update was important in addition to regular window updates. If you don't have 1903 then u install it and your problem isn't fixed, you may want to ask oculus if 1903 has to be installed 1st.

Hi there,

Well I promised you I would give you an update. Unfortunately I don’t have much more to add.

As you know I posted the other day reporting that my sound no longer worked (In VR but could play music via pc through rift speakers), after the update 1.39 downloaded and installed. After spending 30 mins, re-syncing my head set, controller . . checking drivers, connections, restarting computer and all the usual, still nothing worked and I went to bed leaving tomorrows problems to tomorrows me.

I was expecting a long trouble shooting session after work and returned home to find that what ever had upset my Rift S, seems to have fixed itself. I think that what happened in my case is that I simply needed to turn the computer completely off, so everything reinitialised, I’m not sure if a restart gives enough time for everything to shutdown properly?

Anyway, the improvements on tracking are impressive, I’m really pleased with the update, the only thing that seems to have remained is the phantom right touch controller . . I’m going to give it a good thrashing over the weekend to see if there are any further issues.

I’m sorry that I can’t offer a better explanation or solution in my case, but at least it works now, perhaps after I get anymore updates I’ll make sure I power down the computer completely for a few mins.

Thanks for your responses, the community seems a good one here :-).
    Project 2501
    CGH001 said:

Interesting no white flashes for you. My tracking improved greatly but no white flash reduction.
  • TestchamberTestchamber Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    Ah, an update. This explains why my Rift stopped working today. What a mess.
  • NynapiNynapi Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    DOES NOT WORK AND BREAK SOFTWARE!

"CAN'T REACH OCULUS SERVICE" Error for many users, FIX?
    Trinity
    edited July 25
    Seems to be win7 related... should wait for fix or for official word.

update:
    Also seems to be unintended change.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,451 Volunteer Moderator
    RattyUK said:
    I seem to recall W7 support being 'phased out' in the not too distant past
    June 2018.

• ShocksOculusShocksOculus Posts: 422
    Trinity
    edited July 25
    It says downloading 1.38.1. I'll assume it means 139.1, perhaps this is the Windows 7/8 "fix".

Nope, it's the Static Flash fix. Lets hope this works.
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    Trinity
    edited July 25
    Fingers crossed...

Yea I downloaded the new PTC version too... Patch notes say that it is 1.38.1 but actually it is version 1.39.0.272909

It updated firmware from Rift S (not from touch controllers).

Also for me it brought up the "usb driver update recommended"-warning, which I didn't have on previous PTC release*. Other ways seem to start up and light up fine... Can't say much more yet.

*) fixed after turning off the computer (plain reboot didn't do the trick).