Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
125 REPLIES 125

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can you tell which version you are currently running?  I see a spot under devices that says what firmware version I have, but then see another spot where it says what oculus app version I have.  What would be the latest or newest of each?

sraura
Heroic Explorer

Vortimous said:

Where can you tell which version you are currently running?  I see a spot under devices that says what firmware version I have, but then see another spot where it says what oculus app version I have.  What would be the latest or newest of each?

settings/general tab, scroll to bottom.

inovator
Consultant
Mine just rolled out after I wrote last post. For me it's omg tracking was close to perfection. I could get the scope close to my eye in Pavlov and the orange light about USB error was gone. All that's left for me are the white flashes. My shooting was great with the improved tracking and can't even imagine going back to sensors.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upgraded, still have problems with the onboard usb 3.1 gen2 and still choppy mess on the other onboard usb 3.1 ports from my asus c7h. Windowsupdate for new drivers no success.
Oculus home lags when i try to grab and open the rewards. Looses even 6dof tracking.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I got the non-optional 1.39 update earlier today.  No problems with my Rift CV-1.  
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

rayperenia
Honored Guest
Anyone else running Windows 7 x64, having problems with Oculus App Status? I've uninstalled Oculus 4 times or more, and have installed it clean, and I am still having problems with the Oculus App Status. It was running perfect before 1.39 update earlier this week!

Richooal
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

I got the non-optional 1.39 update earlier today.  No problems with my Rift CV-1.  

Same here. I really think they need to separate the Release Notes for Rift and Rift S though. I don't mind sharing the software, but it would be good to know which changes, if any, affect the CV1.
Currently the Release Notes read as if the CV1 doesn't exist.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

RattyUK
Trustee

Anyone else running Windows 7 x64, having problems with Oculus App Status? I've uninstalled Oculus 4 times or more, and have installed it clean, and I am still having problems with the Oculus App Status. It was running perfect before 1.39 update earlier this week!

I don't wish to be too much 'rain on your parade' but....

4aawo9otswkd.jpg

I seem to recall W7 support being 'phased out' in the not too distant past, maybe changes have been made that only incorporate W10 'updates' as functional?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Kontonrfive
Explorer
@rayperenia: me too. No service......checking status of my Oculus app..."restart Computer"...blabla.
@RattyUK: does that mean, i cant use my Oculus rift any longer due of using win 7 ??

RattyUK
Trustee

@rayperenia: me too. No service......checking status of my Oculus app..."restart Computer"...blabla.
@RattyUK: does that mean, i cant use my Oculus rift any longer due of using win 7 ??

I'm not certain - not that it helps! - but as I was forced to go W10 because of no W7 chipset support I'm not in the position to be definite :smile:
I think @MAC_MAN86 had actual experience - by pinging him hopefully he'll drop by and give a response.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3