cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting needs support to TV

TheGrave
Honored Guest
Hi all. 
Just want to say that casting should be fixed asap. I like using my quest, everything is excellent except for enjoying it with others. Since the casting can't cast to television with build-in casting features, and the casting to the phone is unstable and lacky, I find it difficult to enjoy when together with others. 

I can't believe I'm the only one who feels like this. 

Anyways, great work with the Quest, I absolutely love it ?
33 REPLIES 33

OrangeMUC
Honored Guest
Agree 100% 

b-twice
Expert Protege
Agree

JSAVR
Protege
Yep agree, should be compatible with smart tvs 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
A cheap Chromecast device plugged into your TV apparently does the trick. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a tablet, install the Oculus app, then cast to the tablet. Then if you have an OTG adapter with an HDMI output connection...connect the tablet to the TV. Hopefully it has more than 1 HDMI input port. Some tablets have an HDMI output port, and can use a straight HDMI to HDMI cable, but others need an MHL to HDMI adapter. You could also do this with a phone instead of a tablet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This shows how to use a usb-c to hdmi cable, as well as a Chromecast, as well as something called Smart View, already in some Androids. My phone doesn't have that. 😛 But as for the direct cable connection, it was the most responsive of all 3 methods, and probably the easiest...as long as you get the correct cable for your device. Some cables also have a power adapter, so you can charge the device as you use it to display on the tv.

edit: I guess the responsiveness of the direct cable connection doesn't really matter, as you still need to cast the Quest to the phone/tablet that's connected to the tv. 😛

JSAVR
Protege

nalex66 said:

Yep it will but these days the ability to receive casts is all built in to smart tvs so really it should work with that rather than chrome cast - I think chromecast is starting to die out a bit due to smart tvs

Anonymous
Not applicable

JSAVR said:

nalex66 said:

Yep it will but these days the ability to receive casts is all built in to smart tvs so really it should work with that rather than chrome cast - I think chromecast is starting to die out a bit due to smart tvs

Not everybody can afford a new tv these days. I use my pc as a media center, running Kodi, with my pc monitor. I wish I had a wall sized monitor though. 😛

maramasek
Explorer
the main problem here is that casting freeze for lots of us, 2-5 second and it crashes on phone 😞  I tried different phones