cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After allowing Oculus to update it no longer starts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to start it manually but there was some information about problem with  oculus not connecting and oculus app suggested that i run the repair.
I did and now I no longer even have Oculus installed?

Tried to download installer and reinstall but get an error during install. If i translate from Swedish the Oculus installer says something like:
Restart the computer
There was an error during installation. Restart computer and try to run Oculus Setup again. If you still have problem contact Oculus Support.

And yes, I still have problem.
I have tried to run the installer several times restarting the computer as well but installer refuses to work.

I'm using Rift and Oculus on Windows 7.
62 REPLIES 62

Aletdownofstate
Explorer
Cool. I literally just bought a CV1 last week, that worked yesterday. Real cool.

I'm glad you find this funny, Sraura.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here and on Win 7. And when trying to auto fix file I get the old "oculus setup requires the KB2670838 and KB3033929 windows 7 hotfixes" comment when I have both hotfixes. I had this rubbish when I very first bought it.
When I bought this over a year ago it said runs on win 7. So it should!! They never said " unless we dump a daft hungry front end on you'll never use". Hopefully they'll fix soon, There's a first time for everything.

sraura
Heroic Explorer

Same here and on Win 7. And when trying to auto fix file I get the old "oculus setup requires the KB2670838 and KB3033929 windows 7 hotfixes" comment when I have both hotfixes. I had this rubbish when I very first bought it.
When I bought this over a year ago it said runs on win 7. So it should!! They never said " unless we dump a daft hungry front end on you'll never use". Hopefully they'll fix soon, There's a first time for everything.

That hotfix problem is easy to pass, but I don't think that it fixes the issue what you guys are currently experiencing... Something obviously went wrong with the latest 1.39 "stable" build...

sraura
Heroic Explorer

Cool. I literally just bought a CV1 last week, that worked yesterday. Real cool.

I'm glad you find this funny, Sraura.

Yes I know it is wrong in all possible ways, but the timing was spot on.

Xmaple
Explorer
Same issue for me, I can't use Oculus App with Windows 7 since today.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wound up upgrading my Win7 box to Win10 which still seems to work for free. It was something I was planning on doing eventually. This whole experience still reflects poorly on Oculus to simply break compat without warning or recourse for those of us that were still on Win7.

Clau_Decebal
Honored Guest
I sadly have the same problem reported here. I was using my Oculus Rift without problems on my Windows7 computer until today. After the update I have the same error "Oculus App Status: Can't reach Oculus service. Please try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, try repairing your Oculus app." -Repairing did not help.
I have tried various fixes and workarounds I could find on the net. Tried 4 or 5 times to uninstall and reinstall. Nothing helped, its very frustrating as I bought my unit just a few months ago and was very happy with it.
Hopefully its just a mistake, and it will be resolved with a hotfix or something similar. At least keep the support until January 2020.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Will see what I can find out from the team on this. Hang tight!

Aletdownofstate
Explorer
That's good to hear.

Nick_The_Ninja
Explorer
Same issue here. Looking forward to finding out what's going on.