cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OCULUS UPDATES BREAKS SOFTWARE!

Nynapi
Explorer
Since newest Update many people have problem starting the software with an "Can't reach oculus service" Error. No fix yet. No support answer yet?!
93 REPLIES 93

TragicDelight
Protege
Stop using windows dinosaur 7
windows 10 works very well. just disable the spy settings and disable Microsoft edge.

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
X-posting here:

Hey folks - just dropping back in with a quick update before I sign off for the day. I don't have much new info, but I can confirm this was not an intended change. The team is still looking into what exactly is going on and next steps. I'll share more as soon as I can. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Nynapi
Explorer
When is fix?

RattyUK
Trustee

Nynapi said:

When is fix?

Soon...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wanted to add my voice to the choir. Hopefully there is a rollback option or a fix for us Win7 users soon, this is pretty unfortunate. 

Just so people know, someone on Reddit came up with a workaround that might work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/chdp31/oculus_app_update_139_might_lock_you_out_of_using/eu...

Nizzine
Honored Guest
Doing as the previous guy. Just came to scream here about the W7 issue. Glad it's been looked into.

Hol up. why is there "<3" in a version number? Hope this didn't break the software.
w2jv8kxeuv1w.jpg

Zig420
Protege
I'm not running windows 7 and I'm having HUGE problems in my development unity environment since the update.. nothing works. 

requiem9989
Honored Guest
I am also having this problem.  Please fix it quickly.

JB

Chadd-Westland
Explorer

Thank you Kinggeoff the redit file does work on W7 : )

The computer did not want to replace all the files in the
runtime file and would not let me delete it.

So I cut and pasted the old file to the desktop, then dumped
the new one in.

The old file deleated from the desktop I think after a reboot, previosly it kept saying it was in use ?

A message about the dash file came up in the headset but
cleared once I pressed a button on the controls as requested.

The unzipped files go in program files, Oculus then Support.

Not the program files with the 86 as that is 32bit but I
expect all you gentlemen know that ; )

Rebooting always helps : )

A lovely day in Cornwall

God Bless Allen and Alanna

korgen63
Protege
But Oculus MUST fix it ASAP.
And don't tell us to change the best windows ever to this piece of shit win 10, if we don't that's for a good reason.