cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After allowing Oculus to update it no longer starts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to start it manually but there was some information about problem with  oculus not connecting and oculus app suggested that i run the repair.
I did and now I no longer even have Oculus installed?

Tried to download installer and reinstall but get an error during install. If i translate from Swedish the Oculus installer says something like:
Restart the computer
There was an error during installation. Restart computer and try to run Oculus Setup again. If you still have problem contact Oculus Support.

And yes, I still have problem.
I have tried to run the installer several times restarting the computer as well but installer refuses to work.

I'm using Rift and Oculus on Windows 7.
62 REPLIES 62

Maxer
Honored Guest
Same problem here (Win7 Pro). Good that I am not the only one... ^^

Slim1337
Explorer
I too am having this issue, really not impressed

TragicDelight
Protege
EVERYONE update your GPU drivers and then Install 1.39 firmware 7/25/19
fixes EVERYTHING including the static flashes. tested for 4.5 hours in 3 games. PERFECTION and improved tracking ability

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Hey folks - just dropping back in with a quick update before I sign off for the day. I don't have much new info, but I can confirm this was not an intended change. The team is still looking into what exactly is going on and next steps. I'll share more as soon as I can. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Slim1337
Explorer
I updated my GPU drivers and it hasn't helped, same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can we just have the option NOT to update? If you don't wanna support windows 7 - don't, just let me use the version wich is working. I don't need fancy worlds or new interface every 2 months anyway, i just need my glasses to work.

yandoo
Explorer
Can we please have a fix for this. This is just frustrating now especially as it was working fine night before the update. It's gawd damn Friday!

Parzeeval
Explorer
Same issue here, getting the 'Can't reach Oculus Service' message after the latest update. Have tried a repair as well as a fresh reinstall, nothing has worked. Am running a Rift on Windows 7. Fingers crossed this doesn't take all weekend to fix...

joseba_1980
Explorer
Same issue here, win 7 pro.
Hope they find the solution soon 😞

yandoo
Explorer
Any news on a fix?