cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Driver Update Recommended

Jtsmith9801
Honored Guest
I keep getting the usb driver update recommended error when i load up the oculus app. I can still play games and it doesnt mess with it at all? Also if i go into my device manager and uninstall the drivers for usb ports that my rift is plugged into and then restart my computer and let windows reinstall the drivers,  it seems to temporarily fix it? Is anyone else having the issue. I never had the issue with the original rift only my new rift s
40 REPLIES 40

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
Was there an update today? I'm aware of yesterdays.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was there an update today? I'm aware of yesterdays.

Just yesterday's I think. I still have the orange.

gjelliott
Honored Guest
I've got the same orange warning for my Rift S after updating Windows 10 to 1903.  Very frustrating as all was green before that, even with my Rift CV1.  I even use a Fresco usb card recommended by Oculus.   How is the best way to let Oculus know about this issue?  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine turned back green today, after being orange with a warning for several days.

This seems to happen for me every time Windows updates.

Usually fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the 3.0 and 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller drivers, making sure the Microsoft version of the 3.0 drivers are installed not the Fresco logic version (they're still called Fresco logic but has Microsoft in brackets) then restarting the Oculus service.

Well it worked for me the last time Windows updated and the same this time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the 3.0 and 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller drivers

OK so I uninstalled this and the orange warning immediately went away. Everything back to green. Soon as I rebooted my PC it reinstalled this driver and the warning returned. So yes, that's the cause of the error on my end, but there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it.   

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did somebody a fresh Win10 1903 installation with the latest drivers this week? I want to know if it could cure this problems. My Rift S does not accept my USB 3.1 Slot with high datarate since this week which was running my Rift S flawless since launch... and the other 3.1 are laggy at the moment.

profman5
Protege
I asked Oculus Support, during a different Oculus issue, about my USB issue and got a response.  The portion of my correspondence which dealt with the USB issue and the response are reproduced below:
Me to Oculus Support:  Could you, perhaps, give reply to the problem of the apparently
fictitious "USB drivers out of date" warning that myself and others seem
to be getting from the device section of the Oculus App? For me, it is
not always present, and, in any case, the warning is not indicative of a
real problem.
Oculus Support Reply:  The USB error should be fixed soon with a update we will be releasing soon.
BTW, I can say that doing a complete uninstall of the Oculus App under Windows Safe Mode and manually deleting any remaining bits of Oculus files, followed by an install of the Oculus App did NOT eliminate my USB warnings.

clemenca
Protege
The usb warning was gone with 1.39 home and firmware update, then comes MS update kb4512937 and the usb warning was back again. I am on the latest usb intel driver for my tuf z390 mainboard released bei Asus on 22.07.19.
Also i get a warning that my default audio device isnt Rift S audio device
s8avcmij9j52.jpg

kidshibuya
Explorer

profman5 said:

Oculus Support Reply:  The USB error should be fixed soon with a update we will be releasing soon.

That is the standard response they say for everything they have no clue about it seems.