cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OCULUS UPDATES BREAKS SOFTWARE!

Nynapi
Explorer
Since newest Update many people have problem starting the software with an "Can't reach oculus service" Error. No fix yet. No support answer yet?!
93 REPLIES 93

Chadd-Westland
Explorer
Just an update : )
The message about the dash file comes up in the headset every time I start Oculus after a reboot.
Not just the once, but
clears once I pressed a button on the controls as requested.
This will no doubt be fixed once Oculus comes up with their fix : )
I am Ghosting the system again just in case.
Some of the Oculus games require W10, I wonder if CtrlAlt Studio for Second Life and Fly inside for Microsoft Flight Sim 2003 will run on W10 ?
God Bless Allen and Alanna

nalex66
MVP
MVP

...I wonder if CtrlAlt Studio for Second Life and Fly inside for Microsoft Flight Sim 2003 will run on W10 ?

Windows 10 includes compatibility modes for programs that require older versions of Windows (all the way back to Windows 95). I haven't come across anything that I couldn't run on Windows 10.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

korgen63
Protege

nalex66 said:

...I wonder if CtrlAlt Studio for Second Life and Fly inside for Microsoft Flight Sim 2003 will run on W10 ?

Windows 10 includes compatibility modes for programs that require older versions of Windows (all the way back to Windows 95). I haven't come across anything that I couldn't run on Windows 10.

Not all. I've had compatibility issues with specific softwares and drivers that will never be fixed. That's why I can't remove win7 and I'm not the only one.

yandoo
Explorer
This fix worked for me... I stopped OVR service in task manager > services to enable all files to be copied over without file in-use error.

Chadd-Westland
Explorer

nalex66 said:

Thank you nalex66 I had forgotten about compatibility mode.
I believe it is still possible to update for free, which
always sound good.
I understand the reluctance as I am the same : :s:smile:
Perhaps we will all get a freebee to spend on Oculus games
who knows.
I spent most of the day reinstalling and putting a Ghost back on
several times, when I should have come to this forum first.
God Bless Allen and Alanna

ArcDogRob
Explorer
Same problem; using Windows 7. Oculus worked fine a few days ago. Please give us an update for a fix!

ksn
Protege
Same sh1t on Win7
Oculus HELLO! Wake up! What the f#ck are you doing???

Kontonrfive
Explorer

Kinggeoff said:

Just wanted to add my voice to the choir. Hopefully there is a rollback option or a fix for us Win7 users soon, this is pretty unfortunate. 

Just so people know, someone on Reddit came up with a workaround that might work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/chdp31/oculus_app_update_139_might_lock_you_out_of_using/eu...

just as a reminder..... its the Dash and Oculus-runtime files. ( before update) Just replace . Works fine for me.
Might be necessary to stop the library service. Otherwise the folder cannot be replaced if a service is running in the background.
@Kinggeoff: thanks for link

ArcDogRob
Explorer
Above posted Reddit fix worked for me as well. Still pissed at Oculus for bricking my device with an update.

ksn
Protege

ArcDogRob said:

Above posted Reddit fix worked for me as well. Still pissed at Oculus for bricking my device with an update.

I was fool and used software repair tool. Now Oculus software uninstalled and setup don't wont to complete with error. What can i do please?