cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest / Go / Gear VR Build 7.0 Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Features and updates listed here apply to Quest, Go and Gear VR unless otherwise noted. All content highlighted below will begin roll-out during the week of July 22, 2019.

VR Settings

• We’ve enhanced the overall audio experience, and added the ability to enable or disable your microphone in VR.
  • We’ve added a search bar throughout your in-VR experience so you can always find the content you’re looking for.
  • You can now opt-in to new features we’re testing from your settings menu under the “Experiments” section, like the bluetooth keyboard option we’ve highlighted below.
  • We’ve added an option in the settings panel for Night Mode to reduce blue light and ease eye strain.

Guardian (Quest)

We’ve improved the overall performance of Guardian and added the following new features:

• If your Guardian boundaries are too sensitive, you can adjust them from the Guardian settings page.
  • If you need to adjust your floor height, you no longer have to reset your Guardian. Instead, you can make adjustments right from your Guardian settings page.
  • You can now set multiple Guardians in the same room and switch between them.

Keyboard

• You can now use Bluetooth keyboards and gamepads to type and navigate in VR. You can find pairing options for your Bluetooth device in your headset’s settings panel under the experiments section.

Store

• We’ve updated the look and feel of the Oculus Store for Go and Gear VR.
  • You can now use filtering based on price, comfort or genre, to make it easier to find new apps you might be interested in.
  • If you’re interested in an app but not ready to purchase, you can save it to your wishlist for later.

Feed

We want to make sure that your Oculus experience is made just for you. To do that, we’ve added the following new features to customize your feed both in VR, and in the Oculus mobile app:
  • Follow your favorite games, developers and genres so you’ll be notified when there’s something new.
  • Let us know if you liked or disliked an app when you’re done using it, so we know what to recommend next.
  • Hide things from your feed that you don’t want to see again.

Headset Setup (Quest)

• We've updated the experience for adjusting the fit and improving the focus and clarity of your headset.
  • You can now auto-pair your headset from the Oculus mobile app if it's detected nearby.

Touch Controllers (Quest)

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Rift S, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

• We’ve made enhancements that make it easier to update and edit your Oculus Avatar.

Notifications

• You can now receive notifications in VR and in the Oculus app on your phone when an event you’re interested in is starting.

-----

Edit: Night Mode was mistakenly included in these release notes, however this feature is not included in build 7.0. This feature is being targeted for a future release. Apologies for the confusion and thanks for your patience while our team continues to work on this one!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
91 REPLIES 91

Localloadie
Honored Guest
I keep getting "Oculus App Runtime has closed unexpectedly"  The regular browser graphics are all blurred up (for the minute it runs before crashing) and Samsung vr Browser crashes when trying to play videos on it full screen.

Tried uninstalling Gear VR and Oculus and reinstalling after a reboot.  Same problem persists.  I'm using an S7

bneiderman
Explorer
If I go to my Guardians settings page I see nothing on newest 7.0 firmware. It is blank. Do I have to reboot or something?

OP3NGL
Honored Guest
updating to 0.7 wiped clean my quest.. all my savedata are all gone!

KiritoAsunaYui
Honored Guest
So I recently updated to the newest firmware and noticed some things: Games/Experiences in the ‘Unknown Sources’ section have a low FOV and it’s like you’re looking through a box a little smaller than what we have. Also, I’ve been building a small game for myself and it keeps on crashing every time I load it up, and it has worked good before I updated. Other than that, i think this update it pretty good and I think we should all stop bashing Oculus because they are trying hard at this stuff... 

WarpBubble
Honored Guest
Right controller mostly unusable after this update. Working on the main menu bar, but failing on the left panel under Library and during guardian creation. Seems to work for 2 handed typing but regularly getting double characters. In Pavlov the right arm vanishes when I release any button. This update has made my quest unusable! Wish I could just rollback.

residentconker
Sightseer
My right controller has become completely useless the same day that this update came through. It no longer points at the main menus. With only have a white pointer line but i cannot click anything anymore. Left controller works perfectly fine still.  Everything worked great with my quest until this update came through. Even after a factory reset it still has the same issue. I have only had the thing for 3 days

victor_delmastr
Explorer
I have to frequently restart my Quest after exiting an app/game since I can't successfully open/enter a subsequent app/game after exiting the previous one. How about a fix for that?

Jervi
Explorer
After this update right controller (full charged) often is unusable. It remains stuck. Some crash in Robo Recall.

purplex
Honored Guest
Really hope they add a Software tab in Settings so I'm not frantically checking if I got the update yet. 

Spikeyboy2222
Honored Guest
I fixed it