cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I always knew Oculus would fix the white flashes 🙂

bduikyabxqnr.gif
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

mashermets
Explorer
My white flashes are gone but my usb warning just came back 😞

mhajii210
Expert Protege

Grateful this was fixed. I'd sure hate to be the guy who bought Rift S on a launch date and wait this long for a fix. But grateful it's now done nonetheless

That'll be me!

Genuinely happy not to be contemplating returning the S any more, it was the only issue I had and now super pleased.

Same here! I've had my Rift S since launch and I took a chance and didn't return it hoping Oculus would be able to fix the static flashes. I couldn't be happier. I'm glad I made the right decision ??

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
delete

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I am thrilled it is fixed, my Rift S is golden now!
I got it on release day May 24, and so glad I hung in there with it.

junmckill
Honored Guest

I have been dealing with this problem since several months ago. I did all the recomendations the tech support asked me and nothing, they told me that was maybe a cable problem, I checked the cable several times with a display port monitor moving the cable, nothing the cable is ok. Changed video card and CPU, even the PSU for a more potent one ... the same BS. Only a few games let you continue, as Lone Echo and IL2 BoS, all the others when the blinking starts, forget it, you have to quit the game.