cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displayport not connecting on setup

Singular_Shibe
Honored Guest
Support ticket is taking forever so thought might as well post here to see if anyone has any insight. got my Oculus S the other day and went through setup and everything but once I got to the headset sensor part, it wouldn't progress for about 40 minutes so I went ahead and restarted it since it took my friends who got the headset only a few minutes. When I restarted the Oculus software I wasn't even able to get past the first part where it asks for you to plug in your DP and USB 3.0. It detects the USB but there's absolutely nothing with the DP no matter what I do and I'm completely lost as to what to do. Spent almost 1k on upgrading my computer specifically for this so I'm a little peeved. Any help is appreciated, thanks. 
23 REPLIES 23

sraura
Heroic Explorer
1. Make sure that cable is properly seated on Rift S end. You can find detailed instructions how to do that by browsing this forum a little bit more.
2. Make sure that windows 10 privacy settings allow access to your camera.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plug in your USB 3.0 first, wait 10 seconds and then plug in the Displayport.

Singular_Shibe
Honored Guest

snowdog said:

Done that about 1000 times. Camera settings enabled and the connection directly on the headset seems snug. 

Spyworker
Honored Guest
Same issue with my 1080TI... Support is looking into this according to their last reply to my ticket.

sraura
Heroic Explorer

snowdog said:

Done that about 1000 times. Camera settings enabled and the connection directly on the headset seems snug. 

May I ask what kind of computer you have and some specs?
Also GPU driver version and windows version would be helpful.

Did you connect the cable directly to display port or using some adapter?

Opting to latest Oculus app beta build might help. This will probably update your Oculus S firmware also... You can opt in from Oculus app by going to settings -> beta and turning "public test channel" -> "on".

LeeChan1985
Honored Guest
I might have found the issue and can help you solve this it took me almost two days. If your display and usb is not connecting try check the headset it self the wire leading to the headset could be loose  try pushing it in and you might hear a click. The wire to my rift was loose I pushed it back in and got it to connect. Hope it works for you

zarocosta
Honored Guest
the connector display port  it's a real shit, it is cheap, after 3 days it does not work cause the internal tabs are damaged, the same problem was with the other Rift

pwl
Honored Guest
I’m seeing the exact same problem as OP , also with a 1080ti .  tried many things including reseating cables, different ports , nvidia displayport firmware update, etc.  support is stumped & i’m looking at at 3-4 business day delay while they try to find an answer.  

i’m guessing the oculus software is not properly in sync with all of the other windows, etc software (eg i have the latest usb drivers, but oculus app warns that i need to update them).

fwiw this is for windows 10 (1903) ... seems like that update is causing some issues

LMLuciano
Honored Guest
So no posts since July. Have all you people solved your connection problems because I'd love to know what you did? I have the same problem with the Rift S not detecting the displayport and right now all I have is an expensive paper weight.