cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Evileyes
Rising Star
Looking forward to this in VR the most!

https://uploadvr.com/sean-murray-no-mans-sky-vr-sci-fi-dream/
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I never update drivers unless I have a problem. If it ain't broke...
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Evileyes said:

Yup, me too! Even more than Stormlands!!!

MowTin
Expert Trustee

You guys have definitely sold me now on your glowing reviews, I was a bit worried at first but now you have put my mind at ease. So I still plan on buying Index!  I'm very excited to get my hands on it! 🙂

I've come to realize that buying on or close to release of anything sucks. Better to wait until all the problems are sorted out with patches and updates. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

MowTin said:

You guys have definitely sold me now on your glowing reviews, I was a bit worried at first but now you have put my mind at ease. So I still plan on buying Index!  I'm very excited to get my hands on it! 🙂

I've come to realize that buying on or close to release of anything sucks. Better to wait until all the problems are sorted out with patches and updates. 

As much as it pains me that's why I'm waiting. I want to see what the HTC Cosmos is like and what Oculus has to say in Sept. There's also not a vast amount of really good VR games that make me want rush out and update the CV1 either. I would like the HP Reverb when it's fixed for some sims though.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
that visual artifact is tearing. it happens when  you use full screen instead of border less window, and you cap the fps of the game to something like 60fps or some similar low number.

the place to see it is in the game apex legends. using virtual desktop as shown in this video;

then hard cap the fps in the game to 60 fps using the method shown in this video;

then test with full screen on in apex legends and then with borderless window, and the exact spot you can see it easily every time is in the drop ship at the very start of the game, just nod your head up and down and back and forth while looking at the map below.

it can be fixed by setting the game to borderless window if it has that option.

if you dont hard cap the fps to a low number its hard to see the tearing which is why some of you dont see it your pc is strong enough it outputs a lot of fps that hides the tearing.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MowTin said:

Why does the index HMD need a separate power adapter? The index has 3 cables, a DisplayPort, a USB, and a power cord. Why is that? 

I think Index needs more power than a normal USB 3.0 port can provide. If you connect the Index to a 3.1 type-c, then I think you won't need additional power - but I've yet to test that. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Techy111 said:

Roll back ?

Yup, if it works don't fix it. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Gotta find me a crowbar to make everything complete 😉

i930xmz6rrga.jpg

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Nice video showing Doom VFR gameplay using the Index:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/cibzsi/did_anyone_try_doom_vfr_on_the_index/

I have to fix the controls, but it seems it isn't that hard - to me Doom VFR is the best fps in VR, even way better than Arizona Sunshine. With the Index you can really see the monsters, like: