New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

Comments

• RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 913
    3Jane
    Digikid1 said:
    RattyUK said:
    @rayperenia: me too. No service......checking status of my Oculus app..."restart Computer"...blabla.
    @RattyUK: does that mean, i cant use my Oculus rift any longer due of using win 7 ??
    I think @MAC_MAN86 had actual experience - by pinging him hopefully he'll drop by and give a response.
    He got banned thankfully. 

Yes you need to drop that dinosaur of a buggy OS and go with Windows 10. 
    I thought he'd been a bit quiet recently...

I got a 48 hour ban from the Frontier (ED) forum recently for a facetious post...
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,035 Valuable Player
    FInally got around to testing this new update with my Rift CV1.  Tracking is wonky as heck at times in In Death.  Shield and bow will go nuts half the time.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,145
    Wintermute
    Digikid1 said:
    FInally got around to testing this new update with my Rift CV1.  Tracking is wonky as heck at times in In Death.  Shield and bow will go nuts half the time.

So now they're sacrificing CV1 stability in favour of Rift S?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
    Richooal said:
    Digikid1 said:

So now they're sacrificing CV1 stability in favour of Rift S?
    Maybe. Tomorrow I will recalibrate them and see what happens. 
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,373
    Project 2501
    Digikid1 said:
    I don't seem to have any cv1 controller problems with 1.39.  I find ToyBox and Merry Snowballs are both good tests for me and these continue to work fine.  Much better than my Rift S (now returned/refunded).

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• LameDuckWarriorLameDuckWarrior Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    Controllers are still draining very fast. The "update usb" is still present after doing the uninstall in safe mode fix twice now with 1903 installed already with all updates. Left headset unplugged on each reinstall and turned off all background apps as well. I am assuming Oculus is aware and working on it. 
  • SektanSektan Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    From tomorrow I cant run my Oculus SW. I have Oculus Rift. Oculus APP still show error and repair but repair cant be finished, still error. What's happening?
    I working on VR game and I cant work!
  • dkojevnikovdkojevnikov Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Update 1.39 with firmware 1.8 (and PTC firmware 1.8.1) broke my Rift S. It is not recognized and constantly asking for firmware update. Tried on 2 different computers. Sent several full logs to support (I created a ticket) but honestly tired following multiple trivial and useless advises from support like uninstall, reinstall, delete folders, reset cable etc. 
    I was even asked to send a picture of back of my computer.
  • poyomarupoyomaru Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    After the update I can no longer play any of the boxing vr games on my oculus. This problem exists for all other games as well but affects the boxing games the most. The tracking for the hooks or swings do not register 80% of the time. Please fix this asap or at least let us roll back on the update because this has rendered the oculus useless. If this update isn't fixed, I will make sure to generate hundreds of negative reviews on Amazon along with my boxing buddies that I introduce the oculus to!
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,145
    Wintermute
    poyomaru said:
     If this update isn't fixed, I will make sure to generate hundreds of negative reviews on Amazon along with my boxing buddies that I introduce the oculus to!

I always knew those online reviews were rubbish. Some of them written by cranky kids. Maybe if you'd read a few yourself, you would have held off buying a Rift. There's always been something that needs fixing for some people.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • MorbidFuzzballMorbidFuzzball Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm on Windows 7 and can no longer launch Oculus software as of Rift 1.39 release.  It appears to me that the problem is that when OVRServer_x64.exe starts, it fails with an error "The procedure entry point GetOverlappedResultEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll".  Looking into that particular error, it turns out that GetOverlappedResultEx is a function that was added in Windows 8.  Meaning Windows 7 doesn't support that function, and OVRServer_x64 can't be run anymore.

If any support people read this, is there any chance that the developer who added a call to GetOverlappedResultEx could use another function to achieve the same result, so that Windows 7 users can still use their Rift? 
    3Jane
    poyomaru said:
    f this update isn't fixed, I will make sure to generate hundreds of negative reviews on Amazon along with my boxing buddies that I introduce the oculus to!
    Got any toys left in your pram?

Try either leaving or joining the PTC, whichever is applicable :)
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

• pinkfloyd93pinkfloyd93 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    This update has destroyed the golf club vr 
  • ShiroiSakuraVRShiroiSakuraVR Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    - Mic still goes off after a short time (around 30min) that i have to unplug and plug it in again that it works
    - lose tracking of the right controller the whole time (sucks hard for beat saber)
    - USB Update message again there

for my first VR its a bad experience atm =/ still think about to send it back, take more money and buy a Index if Oculus dont want to handle the problems. (dont get a single response since 4 Weeks). 
  • Spicy-WolfSpicy-Wolf Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 27
    アプリ後インストールは成功するのに次に行こうとすると必ずこうなります
    アンインストール、再起動を試しましたが解決しません
    @OculusSupport 
    Nepharyel said:
    - Mic still goes off after a short time (around 30min) that i have to unplug and plug it in again that it works
    - lose tracking of the right controller the whole time (sucks hard for beat saber)

for my first VR its a bad experience atm =/ still think about to send it back, take more money and buy a Index if Oculus dont want to handle the problems. (dont get a single response since 4 Weeks). 
    Type this and you will tag a support rep here.

NerveGear
    Digikid1 said:
    Nepharyel said:

Type this and you will tag a support rep here.

• sraurasraura Posts: 589
    Trinity
    For those who are having issues with 1.39 and windows 7, look here for temporary fix.
    NerveGear
    sraura said:
    For those who are having issues with 1.39 and windows 7, look here for temporary fix.
    ありがとうございます。バックアップがないので公式の報告を待ちます
    win10はまだしたくない
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,069 Valuable Player
    It's funny people threatening to go to index when index has a controller hardware issue
    ok guys here is where you go to fix the Windows issue....

3Jane

• pinkfloyd93pinkfloyd93 Posts: 4
    NerveGear

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
    • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
    • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
    • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
    • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
    • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
    • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
    • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
    • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
    • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

• BlueG6oBlueG6o Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    After my Computer updated this morning to 1.39 I've tried to drive some rounds in Raceroom an Project Cars 2in my motion rig. But in every corner I´m "sliding" through the whole car  :s there is no motion cancelling anymore. With the last version there was no problem with that. Is this maybe caused by these "tracking improvements" ?

Can't drive a whole round like this, makes me puke.

• PIXELATEDPIXELATED Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    I'm on Windows 7 and can no longer launch Oculus software as of Rift 1.39 release.  It appears to me that the problem is that when OVRServer_x64.exe starts, it fails with an error "The procedure entry point GetOverlappedResultEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll".  Looking into that particular error, it turns out that GetOverlappedResultEx is a function that was added in Windows 8.  Meaning Windows 7 doesn't support that function, and OVRServer_x64 can't be run anymore.

If any support people read this, is there any chance that the developer who added a call to GetOverlappedResultEx could use another function to achieve the same result, so that Windows 7 users can still use their Rift? 
    Time to buy a new pair of shoes, the old manufacturer went out of business years ago and even those who worked for them are wearing new ones. 
    Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35
  • jabjab Posts: 202
    Nexus 6
    PIXELATED said:
    Time to buy a new pair of shoes, the old manufacturer went out of business years ago and even those who worked for them are wearing new ones. 
    Problem is that the old shoes are very comfortable to wear and not worn out at all, while the new shoes will suddenly demand that you go to the shoemaker for a refit at sporadic intervals regardless of your needs. And after each visit they come out with a new shape that doesn't fit and causes lots of pain.
    3Jane
    edited July 29
    ...and when your old, comfortable shoes let in water and other detritus?

I hate W10, avidly, but have to use it since I updated my PC and there were no W7 drivers available for the M/B...  Opensuse works really well though :)

Bite the bullet, go to SoftwareGeeks and get a copy of W10 Pro, download Spybot AntiBeacon and nobble W10's urge to keep 'calling home' and spend an age not finding all of those familiar tools.  Hate W10 but love your VR instead :smile:

• jabjab Posts: 202
    Nexus 6
    I run Win10 LTSB so I am fine. But it irks me when you look at all the consumer hostile the crap that big companies get away with today.
  • Jerra89Jerra89 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    With the last update, they fixed the tracking issue. The cameras went offline random so the controllers stuck. I was so happy that i can play now without problems.

With this update its back. Thank you oculus!!
  • Spi3lotSpi3lot Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Please fix the tracking, I've lost so many scores in Beat Saber that I can't even count them. The tracking since 1.39 is very shit.