Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
125 REPLIES 125

inovator
Consultant
It's funny people threatening to go to index when index has a controller hardware issue

Digikid1
Consultant
ok guys here is where you go to fix the Windows issue....

RattyUK
Trustee

Digikid1 said:

And in UK/EU:

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

pinkfloyd93
Explorer

Dash

• From the Dash Settings panel, you can now set your Passthrough+ session length to “unlimited,” which will allow you to see your real-world environment while using Dash.
  • Guardian setup will now attempt to automatically detect the floor height for you. You can still manually adjust the height if needed.
  • When using the virtual desktop feature in Dash, the virtual keyboard will now automatically open when you select a text field.

Oculus Home

• Your Home UI now includes a history of the Homes you’ve visited in the Places UI section. Homes you’ve visited in the last 30 days can be visited again with a quick button press. You can clear out your history or opt out entirely in the Settings UI.
  • Never miss a Home reward pack again! Updated notifications now let you know when you have a reward ready to open. Also, notifications in Home have been redesigned to make things easier to read and understand.
  • Now you can use Home gateways to load directly into your favorite app. In addition to setting up destination gateways to your own home and your friends' homes, you can now set up an app as a destination and use it as a simple and quick way to get into your favorite experiences.
  • Home now features a camera, accessible straight from the Home Menu. Look on the bottom for the camera icon, and open the camera to capture your favorite moments in your Homes or Homes you're visiting. Take selfies, or screenshots, and find these images in your Documents/OculusHome/Camera folder.

Touch Controllers

We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Oculus Quest, include:
  • Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset, and at angles turned away from the headset.
  • Improved tracking in difficult poses such as under-hand throwing motion.
  • Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
  • You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements like the keyboard, Oculus Store, and Library.

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

BlueG6o
Honored Guest
After my Computer updated this morning to 1.39 I've tried to drive some rounds in Raceroom an Project Cars 2in my motion rig. But in every corner I´m "sliding" through the whole car  :s there is no motion cancelling anymore. With the last version there was no problem with that. Is this maybe caused by these "tracking improvements" ?

Can't drive a whole round like this, makes me puke.

PIXELATED
Adventurer

I'm on Windows 7 and can no longer launch Oculus software as of Rift 1.39 release.  It appears to me that the problem is that when OVRServer_x64.exe starts, it fails with an error "The procedure entry point GetOverlappedResultEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll".  Looking into that particular error, it turns out that GetOverlappedResultEx is a function that was added in Windows 8.  Meaning Windows 7 doesn't support that function, and OVRServer_x64 can't be run anymore.

If any support people read this, is there any chance that the developer who added a call to GetOverlappedResultEx could use another function to achieve the same result, so that Windows 7 users can still use their Rift? 

Time to buy a new pair of shoes, the old manufacturer went out of business years ago and even those who worked for them are wearing new ones. 
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

jab
Rising Star

PIXELATED said:

Time to buy a new pair of shoes, the old manufacturer went out of business years ago and even those who worked for them are wearing new ones. 

Problem is that the old shoes are very comfortable to wear and not worn out at all, while the new shoes will suddenly demand that you go to the shoemaker for a refit at sporadic intervals regardless of your needs. And after each visit they come out with a new shape that doesn't fit and causes lots of pain.

RattyUK
Trustee
...and when your old, comfortable shoes let in water and other detritus?

I hate W10, avidly, but have to use it since I updated my PC and there were no W7 drivers available for the M/B...  Opensuse works really well though 🙂

Bite the bullet, go to SoftwareGeeks and get a copy of W10 Pro, download Spybot AntiBeacon and nobble W10's urge to keep 'calling home' and spend an age not finding all of those familiar tools.  Hate W10 but love your VR instead :smile:
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

jab
Rising Star
I run Win10 LTSB so I am fine. But it irks me when you look at all the consumer hostile the crap that big companies get away with today.

Jerra89
Protege
With the last update, they fixed the tracking issue. The cameras went offline random so the controllers stuck. I was so happy that i can play now without problems.

With this update its back. Thank you oculus!!