Quest: Screen casting not working (Samsung Galaxy S9 / Nvidia Shield) - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest: Screen casting not working (Samsung Galaxy S9 / Nvidia Shield)

Comments

• VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    Can't cast directly to the shield, have to go through my mobile xiaomi pocophone f1 to see the shield then my quest shows up on my tv shield. I really hope that Oculus allows us to cast from quest because it's bloody annoying having to use my mobile as a bridge.
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • VRvinbeanselVRvinbeansel Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    seems Quest has issues with casting to Huawei's gutted 
  • Gz023247Gz023247 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Tried casting to S9+ and seemed to work fine. However as mentioned above, when trying to cast to my main daily used mobile being a Huawei P30 Pro casting freezes on the screen after 4 or 5 seconds 😢
  • nathan5661nathan5661 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here tried casting to the Huawei mate 20 pro 
  • SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 106
    Art3mis
    Everyone should also know that a broadband connection is also required to cast, not just WiFi. You maybe connected to your WiFi network, but if your actual internet is slow or stops for some reason, then it’ll stop casting.
  • NaliamNaliam Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    So, A lot of people got Uawei Phone, they will fix it?

• dkamad1dkamad1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same 4 me on P10 and P20 pro. And on my Asus tablet. Please Oculus? 
  • SirMarshallSirMarshall Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Same here ..P20 pro, freezes after few seconds.
  • HeliumncHeliumnc Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same for me on Huawei P20 lite
  • maramasekmaramasek Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    just tried on Huawei P20 and Mediapad 3, also freezed
  • MrCr0aMrCr0a Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Also tried 3 Huawei Phone, freeze on all phones
  • xArcticxArctic Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I tried casting using my Huawei Honor 8x and it failed to work, disconnecting after 4 to 5 seconds. Then I tried it with my dad's iPhone 5s and it worked. So there seems to be a pattern with Huawei/android phones not casting properly. 
  • digiomegamondigiomegamon Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    p30. chances on a fix?
  • happyDecayhappyDecay Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Oculus is totally ignoring this thread. My guess is that Huawei is being shamed out. So if we should ever dream of Oculus fixing this issue, we should file support cases. All of us.

NerveGear
    ok, lets do it! Where we can propose?
    Oculus is totally ignoring this thread. My guess is that Huawei is being shamed out. So if we should ever dream of Oculus fixing this issue, we should file support cases. All of us.

• shashkesshashkes Posts: 31 Oculus Start Member
    s8 here and same problem get a prompt on my phone to accept the casting I press start and nothing happens
    NerveGear
    ok, lets all raise requests
    NerveGear
    edited July 29
    Great! I submitted a support ticket yesterday. If we all submit support tickets, we should at least get some sort of feedback from Oculus. As soon as I get a reply, I will post it here. The link to submit a request is:
    https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    NerveGear
    I raised to right now ;)
    Great! I submitted a support ticket yesterday. If we all submit support tickets, we should at least get some sort of feedback from Oculus. As soon as I get a reply, I will post it here. The link to submit a request is:
    https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

NerveGear
    any update so far? support adviced me to:
    • reinstall oculus app on phone
    • try different wifis
    • do a factory reset on oculus
    unfortunately, nothing helped. Now, support offers me headset replacement
    NerveGear
    Hi Maramasek.

They offered you a replacement headset? Okay, I will check my ticket to see any news.
    And please be so kind to update this ticket if your replacement works out!
    Regards,
    Per
  • xiaoxiaoxixxiaoxiaoxix Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    InfinitR said:
    For the record, also unable to cast to Huawei Honor 6x. It works, briefly, and then locks up the phone app.
    Hey i have the same exact problem on my huawei mate 10 pro. I testes on my ipad and it worked fine so its not from the headset i guess
    NerveGear
    edited August 21
    Oculus support has returned on my support case. They have decided to put my support case on hold for infinity since they do not have a solution. They claim that it is Huawei having an issue and suggest that I contact Huawei.

The way I see it, it is up to Oculus to solve this issue or at least provide a solution or workaround, but they have decided not to.

So I am VERY unpleased about their approach to this problem. Maybe we should start a Facebook group to open their eyes about the problem....

Here is the transscript for the support case:

> Hey Per,

> I appreciate your patience while we looked into this.

> Any Android phone using Android version 6.0 and above should be able to use most Oculus features. However, we > understand that some Huawei phones are experiencing issues with casting with our app. We always keep close watch > on functionality reports like this and if there are updates or changes in the future for improvement, they may be > declared through our other public channels but for now we have no further information at this time.

> Thanks for your understanding. Please let us know if you had any other questions or concerns.

> Sincerely,
    > Noah Y
    > Oculus Support

NerveGear
    or we should try this, may be they hear us ;) https://oculus.uservoice.com/ 
    NerveGear
    Yes, let's create an idea in that forum! Will you do it, and then we can all vote!!!!
    NerveGear
  • voorburgvoorburg Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here, continues headset disconnects immediately after starting casting.