cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OCULUS UPDATES BREAKS SOFTWARE!

Nynapi
Explorer
Since newest Update many people have problem starting the software with an "Can't reach oculus service" Error. No fix yet. No support answer yet?!
93 REPLIES 93

ToddWilson5550
Explorer

win 10 your next

ToddWilson5550
Explorer
What a volunteer moderator is a employee of Oculus get past stuck on stupid

ToddWilson5550
Explorer
what do you have to say Kojack

Aletdownofstate
Explorer
The other thread (which was made before this one) has a response from an Oculus staff member. The mod just moved the reply over to this thread to keep people informed.

ToddWilson5550
Explorer
so what do you know now,  nothing

TragicDelight
Protege

sraura said:

We do have been warned... like year ago... In that post they kind of promise to try to keep the core functionality there, but accidents happen and that can only extend to certain point...

Now that being said - if you do upgrade to windows 10 and are as fanatic win 7 user as I was, you probably end up experiencing following symptoms during following time periods;
1st week: Huge desire to smash your computer with sledge hammer to cure the cancer and have nothing to do with it anymore.
2nd week: Cursing why everything has been hidden behind some extremely annoying "mobile phone"-style apps and panels.
3rd and 4th week: Trying to figure out how to deal with this pile of garbage and how to block/uninstall all the included spy- and malware.
Next couple months: Missing windows 7 and writing to forums what huge pile of garbage windows 10 is.
After every windows 10 feature update: Missing windows 7 and cursing why the hell they had to break everything again. Obviously writing to forums about it.
After year: You've been slain by Microsoft and just hope that rise of Linux gaming will happen sooner rather than later. You still write to forums, but understand that era of windows 7 exist only in golden memories.

Stop being over-dramatic.
Win 10 is fine, you don't know what you are talking about.
Most likely you're the personality type to hate change in general and cry about it.

Aletdownofstate
Explorer

so what do you know now,  nothing

I know the same as I knew yesterday. Which is enough to not be worried for the time being.

ToddWilson5550
Explorer
ok kojack I agree

Aletdownofstate
Explorer

ok kojack I agree

No worries Rosco.

Digikid1
Consultant

Microsoft's Bill Gates he would have made a better less stressful
world, if he had used all the money he paid himself to build and test better
operating systems.