cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Life 2 and Rift S

Thrillo53226
Honored Guest
Hi

Has anyone been able to get Half Life 2 running VR with the Rift S? If so, I'd really appreciate knowing how you did!

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

ohgrant
Superstar
 To the best of my knowledge, HL2  doesn't have any VR support yet. I've been seeing a grayed out VR option in the HL2 control panel, but neither my Oculus or Vive can enable it. The only option I know of is VorpX. It looks and plays pretty good in VR with VorpX   https://www.vorpx.com/
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

RattyUK
Trustee
I read somewhere that the VR option in HL2 was for the DK1/2 but not for the rift.  Would be very nice if it did.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Yeah I've not seen any option to run Half-Life 2 on the Rift since the DK times.

I am however going to try Max Vollmer's Half-Life-VR for the Quest which apparently will be available tomorrow (will need to be side-loaded).

I'll make a thread about it if it works... unless someone else beats me to it.

Thrillo53226
Honored Guest
Thanks. Thought that might be the case. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are some guys on the Oculus sub-Reddit that are working on a Half Life 2 VR Mod but no idea when it's going to be released though. I'm giving it until the end of the year and then I'll just use VorpX for it I think.