cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak haptics

terreb
Explorer
I own PSVR and Oculus Quest. My Oculus Touch controllers maximum haptic feedback is about 30% of PSVR move controllers vibration force. Someone recommended to remove batteries from the controllers and insert new ones back in one minute. I tried that but to no avail. The vibration is still super weak. Anything else I can do to fix this?
8 REPLIES 8

MickyDXIII
Explorer
It may just be how it is. The vibrations in my original Oculus Rift controllers are much more powerful than the ones with my Quest. I think it was just a cost-saving measure that was required to keep the Quest price low.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think its to save on battery power because I've noticed that my batteries drain quicker when the haptic vibration motor is used.

Wolfox
Protege
I would like to switch the vibrations OFF

terreb
Explorer
Well, if it's for saving on battery it would be better to give the users an option to set vibration force in settings to their liking saying "the stronger vibration you set the faster you battery will drain". That's it. For me weak vibration ruins immersion in shooters. I'm using rechargeable batteries and would not mind if they drain quicker but in turn I can set stronger haptic feedback. I played a few shooter games on Quest then switched to PSVR Arizona Sunshine right away to compare and OMG vibration while shooting a gun there is so much more natural...   

Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I've heard, even the original Touch had weaker haptics than the Vive wands and PSVR move controllers. That's why the batteries on the Touch v1 last 30 hours, and the Vive wands last 6 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the only thing that disappoints on the quest for me... really miss the haptics in best saber PSVR. Will request option to adjust... 

Anonymous
Not applicable
for some reason, my left controller's haptics stopped working but I managed to nudge the battery a bit and it's back to normal thankfully.

aguy10
Heroic Explorer

Wolfox said:

I would like to switch the vibrations OFF

"You can now turn off or lower the intensity of controller vibration. This can also be found in the Settings > Device > Controllers menu."