Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallout 4 VR 75% Off!!

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Humble Bundle sale:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/fallout-4-vr?hmb_source=search_bar
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
190 REPLIES 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks, will keep on and see how it goes.

Yeah there were a few occasions where you could force your hands to appear, so the hand models are definitely included in the game but theyre almost always absent from the screen. After getting the Rift-S though the pip-boy and Touch controller are always present unless a weapon is equipped, then that's visible instead of controller.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah there were a few occasions where you could force your hands to appear, so the hand models are definitely included in the game but theyre almost always absent from the screen. After getting the Rift-S though the pip-boy and Touch controller are always present unless a weapon is equipped, then that's visible instead of controller.

Thanks much, I am slowly making progress. Still trying to learn all the ins and outs.

There are a few controls I found a bit awkward at first like holstering a weapon and I'm not a fan of thumbstick presses really, and I didn't do myself any favours in not realising running just needs a quick press, I thought at the start that you had to hold the press down all the time you run! It all becomes second nature eventually.

Swimming is a little problematic though. Entering the water sometimes causes movement to lock but is cured by a press of the trigger. Weapons can be messed up leaving the water and you have to change weapon to fix it. Your footstep sound can disappear after swimming too. And annoyinfly you need a smooth incline to walk out of the water, you can't climb onto a low embankment if the incline isn't there, like you can in the pancake game.

Bethesda only had a limited time to convert to VR I think and swimming feels like it's unfinished.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice tip on the running, as I have been having problems being able to consistently run when I want. I will make sure I do a quick press, as I too have been holding it in.
Thanks much!

I think I have my height issue sorted now, using OpenVR Advanced Settings with Steam - I just make sure I reset it along with my sitting position in Steam VR  after each use, and then adjust again when I start to play the game. Another thing that was probably effecting me was I just realized I could crouch, and was probably hitting that on thumbstick without realizing what it was doing lol.

I guess hands kind of come and go for me, when I first started seemed like I always had hands, now I don't until it is appropriate to have them I guess.
Anyway finally making good progress I think. 

Ok interesting you have to reset your position each time, for me it's a once only thing. I forgot to mention turning your head more than 45deg to the left or right makes you walk so you have to press thumbstick again to start running.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok interesting you have to reset your position each time, for me it's a once only thing. I forgot to mention turning your head more than 45deg to the left or right makes you walk so you have to press thumbstick again to start running.

Ok I will try it again without resetting and see how I get along - thanks for the tip! Perhaps I was inadvertently crouching before.

RattyUK
Trustee
Strangely enough FO4VR is currently unplayable as the touch controllers hang after around a minute of play - quitting out of the game and controllers are hung in Dash and static on passthrough.

I can play Oculus titles without issue - maybe try another Steam game or 2 to see if it repeats.  I am currently in Nuka world - wonder if it is the DLC giving me issues?

Seems like only FO4VR - hmmm!

Switch out FO4VR Beta - all is fine!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

RattyUK said:

Strangely enough FO4VR is currently unplayable as the touch controllers hang after around a minute of play - quitting out of the game and controllers are hung in Dash and static on passthrough.

I can play Oculus titles without issue - maybe try another Steam game or 2 to see if it repeats.  I am currently in Nuka world - wonder if it is the DLC giving me issues?

That may well be,  I only have the straight game of Fallout 4 VR and not getting the controller hang with my Rift S.

RattyUK said:

Seems like only FO4VR - hmmm!

I've got the DLCs installed and ready to go but I haven't yet visited any DLC area. Not having any controller issues but if it locks the controllers even after exiting the game, that's not good... I'd be surprised if the DLC could trigger that but who knows?