cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest: Screen casting not working (Samsung Galaxy S9 / Nvidia Shield)

spyro
Expert Protege

Wasn't successful getting this to work. Headset is connected to the app, all green. TV, Smartphone and Quest are all connected to the same WiFi.

First, I tried to cast to my Nvidia Shield (nothing happened). According to the app there should be some sort of confirmation screen in the headset, which isn't the case.

Same when trying to cast to the phone itself (Samsung Galaxy S9, Android Pie).

So I tried it the other way around and started sharing from inside the headset. Same thing, nothing happens on the phone. Except one time, where I just got a black screen.

Did this work for anyone?

BTW: Would be great if you could alternatively stream directly to the phone (WiFi Direct). So you could share someone's experience if you are not at home. Currently, it's not possible to assist someone without being connected to an external WiFi.

81 REPLIES 81

Heliumnc
Honored Guest
Same for me on Huawei P20 lite

maramasek
Explorer
just tried on Huawei P20 and Mediapad 3, also freezed

MrCr0a
Protege
Also tried 3 Huawei Phone, freeze on all phones

xArctic
Honored Guest
I tried casting using my Huawei Honor 8x and it failed to work, disconnecting after 4 to 5 seconds. Then I tried it with my dad's iPhone 5s and it worked. So there seems to be a pattern with Huawei/android phones not casting properly. 

digiomegamon
Honored Guest
p30. chances on a fix?

happyDecay
Protege
Oculus is totally ignoring this thread. My guess is that Huawei is being shamed out. So if we should ever dream of Oculus fixing this issue, we should file support cases. All of us.

maramasek
Explorer
ok, lets do it! Where we can propose?

Oculus is totally ignoring this thread. My guess is that Huawei is being shamed out. So if we should ever dream of Oculus fixing this issue, we should file support cases. All of us.

shashkes
Protege
s8 here and same problem get a prompt on my phone to accept the casting I press start and nothing happens

maramasek
Explorer
ok, lets all raise requests