cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting needs support to TV

TheGrave
Honored Guest
Hi all. 
Just want to say that casting should be fixed asap. I like using my quest, everything is excellent except for enjoying it with others. Since the casting can't cast to television with build-in casting features, and the casting to the phone is unstable and lacky, I find it difficult to enjoy when together with others. 

I can't believe I'm the only one who feels like this. 

Anyways, great work with the Quest, I absolutely love it ?
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Earlier when you said Android TV, I thought that was an Android version of Apple TV...that's why I thought you meant Android tv boxes...like a Kodi box. But seeing how it works on an actual Android tv, then this would probably work on Kodi boxes as well. There's always deals on second hand boxes on craigslist. The Oculus app requires Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher. They're currently at Android 9.0, so people usually flog the older devices for newer ones. I can get a 6.0 box with a remote and 1 of those handheld keyboards that look like an oversized gaming controller with thumbpads for $40 right now. As long as you don't want the latest and greatest box, then it's still good enough to use for casting.

ARC500
Explorer
Oculus need to implement Miracast to enable the Quest to stream to more devices directly and not just the app, Chromecast and the Nvidia Shield. https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/miracast you can see a list of devices at that link. This would solve a lot of issues. Spread this message and see what happens

ezop73
Rising Star
no sane company would implement miracast as an option, the whole point of using there app to cast is that you can see there content, like the store

Anonymous
Not applicable

ezop73 said:

no sane company would implement miracast as an option, the whole point of using there app to cast is that you can see there content, like the store

The Vive Focus uses Miracast.
https://enterprise.vive.com/eu/support/vive-focus/category_howto/projecting-the-vive-focus-screen-to...